Site Sponsors

Thread: B&H Event 09/09/09 1pm NYC register

Post Thanks / Like

B&H Event 09/09/09 1pm NYC register

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/eve...ils.jsp/id/495 Justin Stailey will be introducing the new products at B&H. Hope to see you there .

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: B&H Event 09/09/09 1pm NYC register

keep us posted Roger and leave the Credit Card home. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I got an invite to Leicas event in NYC at 9am on 9/9 - WISH I could go but I will be out of the country on the 9th. JUST GREAT!
    Leica M8, M9 & Lens Reviews!
    http://www.stevehuffphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    I got an invite to Leicas event in NYC at 9am on 9/9 - WISH I could go but I will be out of the country on the 9th. JUST GREAT!
    Steve where is it at the Leica Gallery? if its in the city I will ask Justin for an invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    keep us posted Roger and leave the Credit Card home. LOL
    Assume we will probably know most of whats being discussed the night before. Check David s blog on tuesday night ..NDA probably runs out at midnight German time.

Ranger 9

Somebody take their iPhone and live-blog it for us, okay? Even if all the juicy bits have been leaked by then, I'd still like to see how the actual event goes over...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, kids... In NYC right now for Saturday's wedding, fly out to Italy on Sunday for next weekend's wedding and back to NYC on the 7th... Depending on how I feel when I get back and if I can get someone to send me an invite I'll try to stay for the announcement on the 9th...

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it would be exciting to go to this...

Bigfeet

bender

so B&H out east, Sammy's Camera is hosting one out west....

anyone hear the secret location for the midwest?? just looked at central camera's website (just guessing it would be there) but no mention. that said they aren't exactly quick to update their site. any one know?

Thanks!
    brian

nei1

Has this time and date been set up by B&H or Leica?If by leica then the actul time of the announcment will be 3pm nyc so that its 9pm in Germany;....just guessing.Or at 9am in germany.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What about down South? Those of us at the bottom of the peninsula are always left out!
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Ranger 9

Quote Originally Posted by nei1 View Post
    Has this time and date been set up by B&H or Leica?If by leica then the actul time of the announcment will be 3pm nyc so that its 9pm in Germany;....just guessing.Or at 9am in germany.
    Here's my bit of rain on the parade: These events don't necessarily imply any kind of central coordination from the Leica Worldwide Command Center.

Having noted the speculative frenzy on photo-fora about the whole "9/9/09 at 9" bit, any savvy store marketer would be smart to schedule some kind of event at that time, just to build store traffic... even if they don't have anything to announce/show other than, say, S2 news.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

OK, and the taking of pre-orders (with a deposit) gets them what? $3 USD of interest earned for the period?

Granted, that still doesn't mean something coordinated is happening directed by the LHC (Leica High Command, not Large Hadron Collider) but these guys aren't Ferengi enough to pull this kind of actionable stunt.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

nei1

I cant find anything obvious on any of the better known store sites here in europe about anything happening on the 9th but if its invite only I wouldnt be on the list,...........

Post Thanks / Like

There is a press announcement at 9am in NYC at the Time Warner bld. Appears to require an invitation which I am attempting to obtain.

At 1pm there is a presentation by Justin Staley on Leica s new announcements at B&H s Super Store in NYC. This one is open to the public and you can register for it at B&H website under I believe ...events.

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to change my plans so I can make both of these events.
    Leica M8, M9 & Lens Reviews!
    http://www.stevehuffphoto.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Schiller's in St. Louis is hosting a Leica event on 09-09-09. Rick Weinstein the Leica rep will be there all day to introduce a new unannounced product.

---Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    so B&H out east, Sammy's Camera is hosting one out west....

anyone hear the secret location for the midwest?? just looked at central camera's website (just guessing it would be there) but no mention. that said they aren't exactly quick to update their site. any one know?

Thanks!
    brian

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you live in FL, you don't have to go all the way to NYC. We'll be hosting a 9-9-9 Leica event in our store.

Leica Event 09-09-09 at Dale Photo & Digital

Hope to see some of you here.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfarkas View Post
    If you live in FL, you don't have to go all the way to NYC. We'll be hosting a 9-9-9 Leica event in our store.

Leica Event 09-09-09 at Dale Photo & Digital

Hope to see some of you here.

David

David,
    Well, I now get to cancel my flight to New York. Great news!!

Bigfeet

bender

Quote Originally Posted by Kphelan View Post
    Schiller's in St. Louis is hosting a Leica event on 09-09-09. Rick Weinstein the Leica rep will be there all day to introduce a new unannounced product.

---Kent
    Thanks for the info! Doesn't look like I will be able to make the road trip as the week is already booked solid...

thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was invited (by mail) to the event in Monterey, CA at Camera West / 12pm Noon.

Anyone headed up to that one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Reid wil post reviews on 9/9 and 9/10

I've pasted some text from Reidreviews below - I assume that he's had samples for long enough to have prepared reviews. We'll probably learn more about the new cameras from Reid than from attending the event at B&H. A major question that I have, for example, is how do various lenses stack up in terms of corner resolution and vignetting in the 24x36 format? I'll probably stay home and read the reviews.

The quote from Reid:

"An article about a very interesting new camera will appear here on September 9 followed by an extensive review of an exciting new camera on September 10 and a "First Impressions" review of yet another new camera also on September 10. Check back then for some interesting reading."

There is a lot of space between "very interesting" and "exciting" - I wonder which one is which.