The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CV 12 kit setup

robsteve

Subscriber
Victor:

Use the direct link it provides in the image gallery then in the message creation window press the little mountain icon to put a picture into the message. Paste the URL into the pop-up from the image icon. I did that to link it in this message

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
http://http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/4/5/chrchcv12.jpg

OK, Jack I give up

The BB link is only a thumbnail, and the other is a link that doesnt work

how do you get the whole image to show here from the gallery
Click on that thumbnail :D

Or, alternatively, use the code as Rob described -- note that the dilog simply takes that url and adds the proper opening and closing HTML code of
{IMG}image_url_from_forum_link_always_ending_in_.jpg{/IMG} only in the solid square brackets. (Can't show them here as it thinks it's real code.)

The main advantage of either of these methods over the simpler attatchment, is you can place the image directly in your post, between words or paragraphs, and not just all at the end of your thread :)

Bottom line is you now have three options for embedding/loading images in your thread, or four if you loded a large original like I did with my DOmke J803 bag image. If I go to my gallery and click on the picture of my J803 bag in my gear portfolio, I immediately see a 750 pixel image. Using the "direct link" url under that image with the IMG code button, I can insert it here and you'll see a 750 pixel image:

However, if I then click the 750 pixel image in my gallery, I get to the full 1200 pixel image. There is a new direct link url under that and I can use it instead and place the larger image here like so:

To clarify, if all I want to do is keep the image small so you can click it if you want to see the larger image or not, I embed th BB code link for that image and you get the thumb:

Finally, I could also upload that image from my computer as an attachement and it would show at the bottom as a 750 pixel image attatched before my signature.

Cheers,

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The main advantage of either of these methods over the simpler attatchment, is you can place the image directly in your post, between words or paragraphs, and not just all at the end of your thread :)
I believe you can place the image directly in the post between words or paragraphs with the attachment (paper clip icon) as well. For example, if I take Jack's image of the Domke bag (downloaded to my desktop) and use the paper clip icon to upload and then use the manage attachments function from the paper icon I can insert it in the post like so:

View attachment 123

Then I can add more text and images throughout the rest of the post. Perhaps this is what you were already saying and perhaps I misunderstood.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, good point. The paper clip is another way, but is essentially the same thing as the {img} code, just uses {attach} code instead, but accomplishes the same task.

Bottom line, is ANY of the methods work just fine, so just use whatever works best for you :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Problem with clicking on the thumbnail is it brings up a gallery with other images in it. When I clicked on
Victor's thumbnail of the church, beside it was this image :)

I see that is one of Peter's images... Nice aspect ratio Peter! :D

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Wow, it's a lot smaller than I had expected! It also doesn't seem to vignette a whole lot.

Works great with the 21mm CV finder - which is the same as the 15 VF with 21 framlines etched into it. The etched 21 lines work well with the 15mm lens.

This is definitely going in my landscape kit, which will consist of the CV 12, 35/2 IV, and 135/4 Tele-Elmar... using the RRS L bracket. With the camera on tripod over my shoulder two lenses, card oyster case, and a spare battery should fit in a Photorunner fanny pack.

Long weekend coming up!!! :D