The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utube video about 090909

R

Ranger 9

If they're going to announce an "M9," why release a video dwelling on the M8 in such loving detail?

They could just as easily have shown Rolf skillfully hand-crafting away without showing the M8 nameplate.

Makes me wonder if there really is going to be a new M announcement, or at least if they're really going to move away from the established "M8" name.

V

Vivek

If they're going to announce an "M9," why release a video dwelling on the M8 in such loving detail?

I don't think it will be as disastrous as the Pen curtain stuff. At least, I hope, it will not be.

I am truly interested in the M9 if the rumors (the aspects that appeal to me) are correct.

Too bad I sold the tri-elmar finder recently. :eek:

stevem8

I posted this earlier at the LUF

At 54 seconds you see a dedicated ISO button
At 58 Seconds you see the top plate without a counter or battery indicator
You also see the step in the top plate like an MP
Lens detect with an auto setting

Its not an M8!

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I just got my invite to the Leica event in NY at 9 am . Anyone have a free plane ticket handy. lOL
Guy I was able to get one as well and will be in NYC ...so I am going. My guess though is that it will be a video feed followed by questions. Anything more ..like physical objects would be a big surprise. I will of course post anything I can find out beyond the press release..but I bet its a "tight" announcement.

nostatic

One word: Panaleica

Well, maybe that is really a contraction. Or a bastardization.

Is anal-retentive hyphenated?

R

Ranger 9

I have added a couple more screen shots the top left of the camera is completely different....
Okay, now this is starting to look pretty interesting. The menus and even the button labels could simply point to a lightly revised M8, but the different top cover with no LCD does seem to imply that something more is afoot.

B

bender

You may have product in hand, would not surprise me for a second.
IF there is product in hand, I am rather surprised at just how fast Leica has "gotten it in gear"

the DMR was a collaborative effort but much of the digital was done outside, the M8 was mechanically a Leica but firmware was was done outside. by the time we see the M8.2 i think firmware was brought in house. a steady progression ramping up to speed.

It is amazing that they could bring both the S2 and the M9 up at the same time. Had it been Canon or Nikon no big deal, but Leica sure has come a long way in a short amount of time.... even with all of the growing pains with the M8, a world wide recession, numerous captains at the wheel, all in all i think they should be applauded for what they have accomplished.

kweide

I am registered and really keen on that new cameras ( more than one :) )
presented on 09/09/09.
M9
m43 in Leica dress with ff sensor
m43 with 43 sensor and EVF/OVF

:)