The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utube video about 090909

B

bender

This is my bet!
i posted this over at l-camera,will save you the clicks/trip over there

here is a (poor) picture....

flash hot shoe 16mm (M8 16mm)
front plate 74mm (M8 74mm)
thickness 33mm (M8 36mm)
front of plate until curve starts 9mm (M8 3mm)

B

bender

Of course this could just be a red-herring - maybe it's just a prototype? :ROTFL:
It could very well be, but apparently Guy has one in his safe that he was going to take a closer look at.... now if we could just get him to use that MF camera of his for what it was intended for (posting high res shots of a new camera to a forum :ROTFL: )

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My guess on all this and no insider stuff. Most likely a M9 certainly would not bet against it now after all this data but like it has been going around 18 mpx FF and I am going to lose a steak dinner on this one but I think it maybe a 6.8 and not a 6 micron sensor. Jono gets a nice steak dinner here if I'm wrong at least one of us get's to eat. LOL I bet on 6 micron and him on 6.8 this is still up for grabs. LOL

But seriously I think you will see whatever is announced out immediately. Leica has turned over a few corners that most do not know about and the company divided itself up internally like into groups which is actually a smart thing to do they have there M folks the S folks and whatever is the other division internally but this promises more quickness on there feet for lack of a better term. But i will say this Leica will NOT have another M8 on there hands and my bet here is this has been secretly in the works for some time if it truly is a M9. There is nothing quick about this coming to the streets. If it was it may have been the S2 sensor instead if it was a quick to get out the door.Leica most likely took a lot of the suggestions that many of us had and started developing this at a stage when they thought FF would work out. Also I can tell you this much without getting in any trouble all this was done in house including the firmware. So leica has complete control on it and most likely most of there products going forward. They been burned before on the DMR and the M8 so those issues get the :deadhorse: award for them. In the end maybe one of there smartest moves. I think you will all see a new Leica this time around. That was the good news the bad is trying to rob a few banks to buy all this cool stuff. My wife already has gun and knife in hand just waiting for me to get stupid again. LOL

Arjuna

Jono

Normally that would be 'your', unless of course you are using the special Mancuso version of English.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Its called special English only taught on the streets of Jersey. LOL

BTW just got a postcard in the mail for Phoenix area folks Leica Day at Photomark 10-4 pm. I may go myself but not until after I get the press releases up for everyone.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Well here I set filled with gloom. The authorized Leica dealer in Austin, Texas has nothing planned for 09/09/09.

jonoslack

Jono

Normally that would be 'your', unless of course you are using the special Mancuso version of English.
Deary me. It must be catching, or perhaps it was the excitement of the prospect of the steak dinner!
As for the Vodka Guy; you can drink as muck as you like as long as you are paying!

It seems to ne 5am. I'd better gat out of bed.

nostatic

The local large camera shop (Samys) sent me an invite to an in-store Leica thing. So even LA gets to play (of course we'll be late to the party, as they aren't going to open up at 6am pst).

jaapv

Subscriber Member
My guess on all this and no insider stuff. Most likely a M9 certainly would not bet against it now after all this data but like it has been going around 18 mpx FF and I am going to lose a steak dinner on this one but I think it maybe a 6.8 and not a 6 micron sensor. Jono gets a nice steak dinner here if I'm wrong at least one of us get's to eat. LOL I bet on 6 micron and him on 6.8 this is still up for grabs. LOL

But seriously I think you will see whatever is announced out immediately. Leica has turned over a few corners that most do not know about and the company divided itself up internally like into groups which is actually a smart thing to do they have there M folks the S folks and whatever is the other division internally but this promises more quickness on there feet for lack of a better term. But i will say this Leica will NOT have another M8 on there hands and my bet here is this has been secretly in the works for some time if it truly is a M9. There is nothing quick about this coming to the streets. If it was it may have been the S2 sensor instead if it was a quick to get out the door.Leica most likely took a lot of the suggestions that many of us had and started developing this at a stage when they thought FF would work out. Also I can tell you this much without getting in any trouble all this was done in house including the firmware. So leica has complete control on it and most likely most of there products going forward. They been burned before on the DMR and the M8 so those issues get the :deadhorse: award for them. In the end maybe one of there smartest moves. I think you will all see a new Leica this time around. That was the good news the bad is trying to rob a few banks to buy all this cool stuff. My wife already has gun and knife in hand just waiting for me to get stupid again. LOL

Do you mean she has upgraded from Prada to Tiffany, Guy?:bugeyes::angel::ROTFL:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
sigh....
I wish I wish I wish
crossing, finger toes, and of course, eyes (what!, no crossed eye smilie?)
(( o)^(o ))
-bob