The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Utube video about 090909

D&A

Hi All,

It's fun to speculate, especially based on images seen in that promotional video.... so here goes my prediction as I stated elsewhere....

1. There wil be a M9, a full frame, possibly 18mp camera, with of course updated capabilities, but keeping with as much tradition as possible (bottom plate still needs to be removed etc....similar to the M8.2 ....in as conventional M type body as feesable. Bsically the camera everyone has predicting.

2. Second new camera might be a Leica compact CL type digital. Somewhat more entry level when compared to the M9 and less expensive than it. Interchangeable lenses, a 1.3x crop factor like the M8. This camera will replace the M8/M8.2 as the top of the line cropped sensor camera. Possibly 10-12 MP. As such its a clear difference and choice than the M9. Due to some other desirable changes (including faster loading of SD card and battery and possibly no need of UVIR filters (but can't be sure of this)....it will be a camera than current M8 and M8.2 owner might serious consider upgrading to. Will have conventinal viewfinder and I beleive this is the camera body seen in the images posted at the top of this thread...since the LCD screen appears smaller and no little counter window on the left side of the top plate.

Therefore the above two cameras are two different but serious possible upgrades for current M8/M8.2 users...which satisfies a number of criteria for Leica. For those that cannot or don't want to spend $8000.00 on a M9....but still want to upgrade to a more capable camera, but with Leica traditions upheld...there will be this New Leica Cl digital.

3. The last camera will either be a new compact digital camera. Could be micro 4/3rds, could be interchangeable lenses, might have Electronic viewfinder...or some or none of these features. I don't think images posted have anything to do with this camera. Simply a entry type level camera for those not following the traditional route and take current modern electronic advances as their primary interest. Leica then has given a non traditionalists a camera they might consider.

Dave (D&A)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'll take door number 2 since i have the monster already a little to go with some punch is what I am after. Frankly this one is what I am thinking myself use the M8 sensor and add the correct IR. Done deliver to my door please

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hi All,

It's fun to speculate, especially based on images seen in that promotional video.... so here goes my prediction as I stated elsewhere....

1. There wil be a M9, a full frame, possibly 18mp camera, with of course updated capabilities, but keeping with as much tradition as possible (bottom plate still needs to be removed etc....similar to the M8.2 ....in as conventional M type body as feesable. Bsically the camera everyone has predicting.

2. Second new camera might be a Leica compact CL type digital. Somewhat more entry level when compared to the M9 and less expensive than it. Interchangeable lenses, a 1.3x crop factor like the M8. This camera will replace the M8/M8.2 as the top of the line cropped sensor camera. Possibly 10-12 MP. As such its a clear difference and choice than the M9. Due to some other desirable changes (including faster loading of SD card and battery and possibly no need of UVIR filters (but can't be sure of this)....it will be a camera than current M8 and M8.2 owner might serious consider upgrading to. Will have conventinal viewfinder and I beleive this is the camera body seen in the images posted at the top of this thread...since the LCD screen appears smaller and no little counter window on the left side of the top plate.

Therefore the above two cameras are two different but serious possible upgrades for current M8/M8.2 users...which satisfies a number of criteria for Leica. For those that cannot or don't want to spend $8000.00 on a M9....but still want to upgrade to a more capable camera, but with Leica traditions upheld...there will be this New Leica Cl digital.

3. The last camera will either be a new compact digital camera. Could be micro 4/3rds, could be interchangeable lenses, might have Electronic viewfinder...or some or none of these features. I don't think images posted have anything to do with this camera. Simply a entry type level camera for those not following the traditional route and take current modern electronic advances as their primary interest. Leica then has given a non traditionalists a camera they might consider.

Dave (D&A)
Camera 3 might also be a pre-announcement for the "R-solution"for Photokina 2010

gero

Camera 3 might also be a pre-announcement for the "R-solution"for Photokina 2010

Camera 3 might also be an R-solution.

If I try to mix reality and wish-full thinking they will give us three choices:

1-use the R lenses with a new adapter with viewfinder-mirrorbox to use them on the M9

2-an existing ff (can-nik-sony) adapted for the R lenses

3-new mounts to (can-nik-sony)

Last edited:

monza

Although Precision doesn't have anything for 9/9/9...we'll have something even better, later on in the month, when there will be something more to see and use besides simply watching a webcast at 8am Austin time. :) We are working on something now with our Leica rep.

Will post more details as things develop.

-Robert

Well here I set filled with gloom. The authorized Leica dealer in Austin, Texas has nothing planned for 09/09/09.

Lars

Considering Panny's release of the GF1 RF today, there's the possibility of a Leica-badged m43 RF being announced next week.

jlm

Workshop Member
didn't Leica pull some shenanigan's like this when the M8 came out? releasing a teaser partial shot every couple of days