The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Table Top Lighting Set Up Recommendations?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Its time to get serious about documenting and selling some of my collections. As I begin to photograph my items for sale ..I need to get serious about a table top set up. This would be used to photograph cameras ,lenses,watches,fountain pens,jewelry etc.

I have the room to leave something setup if its a cube of say 3-4 ft and would prefer a continuous light setup. Something between eBay on steroids and a commercial setup.

Looking for advice or place to research.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Roger,

this seems to fit exactly your requirements, pricing is OK esp since you're in the US (for some reason the UK-based european pricing is somehow overpriced).

http://www.tabletopstudio.com/

Interesting place for one-stop shopping, with nice accessories such as the illuminated flat panels. Variety of box sizes and continuous lighting options, tested the new low energy bulbs and the temperature stability around 5000K is really improved and quite usable compared to the first batches out there.

Of course this won't replace a full strobe setup but well suited for the intended use and performance. Much more a ready-to-use solution, too.

( needless to say, i have absolutely no connection whatsoever with the linked merchant and in fact use Elinchrom (+ Nikon) strobes + acessories in my studio :) )

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Hi Roger,

this seems to fit exactly your requirements, pricing is OK esp since you're in the US (for some reason the UK-based european pricing is somehow overpriced).

http://www.tabletopstudio.com/

Interesting place for one-stop shopping, with nice accessories such as the illuminated flat panels. Variety of box sizes and continuous lighting options, tested the new low energy bulbs and the temperature stability around 5000K is really improved and quite usable compared to the first batches out there.

Of course this won't replace a full strobe setup but well suited for the intended use and performance. Much more a ready-to-use solution, too.

( needless to say, i have absolutely no connection whatsoever with the linked merchant and in fact use Elinchrom (+ Nikon) strobes + acessories in my studio :) )

Thanks This is the exact website I was looking at this morning. You got my requirements right as I am looking for a "B" solution thats easy to setup and use and will look better than a picture of my hand holding the lens under a desk lamp. I will keep after this.

Any other ideas?