Site Sponsors

Thread: Test done with a portable power supply

honeycomb

Test done with a portable power supply

I am not a fan of this product but this is really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0qjRZ1h-c

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Test done with a portable power supply

It has two outlets, does it means it can support two Monoblocks? No much info, and only seen tested with one light, but it should work with two, I remember testing the Bee something product last year for a friend with two 600w/s and even with the 1200w/s Profoto Monoblocks, and it worked quite well.

It seems this guys at Tronix got few little things going, interesting is also the portable Smog machine, been looking for the best portable solution on that one too.

But very stupid test in dragging it with the car, I mean c'mon he he, what am I going to accidentally dropped form my car? Or drag it?

None the less interested in checking out their products.

honeycomb

I believe the two outlets is designed to support two flashes unlike the Vagabond (the 'Bee' that you are talking about) with only 1 socket.

I have check videos of the product and I have seen one which shows two monoblocks plugged at the same time with one unit of Explorer: http://vimeo.com/4565074

portable smog machine? Ah yeah, the smoke machine! I'll just go to their site: www.innovatronix.com
    and check their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Right it was the Vagabond II, and I actually had two Compact 600w/s and one Compact 1200w/s hooked up to it via a triple outlet, and shot at the same time via PW's which was a test I did at High speed sink ISO 2000.

Really hoping to see the new Profoto BatPack, and the new B3's Portable batteries in 1200w/s do well, as I 'm desperately seeking high portable power for a comprehensive amount of watts second flashes.

I think I will order all of them and test intensively to see what I can get out of it.

honeycomb

With Vagabond, How was the recycling time and how many shots was produced with that load?

Yah, better try different portable batteries and see which of them gives better performance

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't count them but with two 600w/s and one 1200w/s Compact we shot several dozen pics one after the other no pause, so recycling was pretty good, but was not a scientific test as of quantity of shots per charge and or speed of recycle, just simply testing if it could handle multiple heads, also some shots were done at 1/2000 sync with Mini and Flex PW's on the Canon 1Ds III