The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A great "behind the scenes" studio shoot video

Vlad

I am constantly blown away by the elaborate nature of these kinds of studio shots. They have a bloody basin in there!

robmac

Serious grip & lighting lust when I saw that BTS video. Love the triple-header Bron heads (I assume to get power up yet duration down to freeze the water).

If you want to see some more from Ulf Krentz & co - check out the BTS below. Lion, black panther, elephants (hilarious with their curiosity), Bron, Briese, Profoto and HUGE set. Got it all.

http://www.shoots.de/Afrika-I.321.0.html

SergeiR

oh bloody bastards.. they were using that mondo parabolic ... This is just cheating :)

thanks , Jack. interesting view. Again confirms that to shoot something like that you need proper MUA/stylist team more than anything.. :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Indeed -- a great MUA can make the difference between a killer shoot and a wasted shoot. All the grip and lighting gear sure doesn't hurt though!

PS: We happen to be really, really lucky in that Guy's daughter happens to be a stellar MUA! :D

SergeiR

Indeed -- a great MUA can make the difference between a killer shoot and a wasted shoot. All the grip and lighting gear sure doesn't hurt though!
yup. :) I shot with those parabolics and loved them. Pity they just .. ahem..a bit pricey :) Not every client gets why you would want rent studio with them, when "oh hey, you can get now those from PCB and they are way cheaper"... and its just going into rather heated discussion on why/what/and-where-you-can-stick-these-damn.... :)

PS: We happen to be really, really lucky in that Guy's daughter happens to be a stellar MUA! :D
Hmm.. May be i need to push me 15 y.o into that direction.. ;) Interesting idea :))))