Site Sponsors

Thread: elinchrom 1200 digital pack

Post Thanks / Like

elinchrom 1200 digital pack

Has anyone ever used the elonchrom 1200 digial pack. It takes two heads. A shooter I know told me it does not have the power it claims loses a stop from the pack to the heads from wiring to the heads. He is a former elinchrom dealer. I am used to packs but am considering going to all monoheads. Does one head in this pack have as much pop as a 1200 elinchrom monohead? Thanks David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: elinchrom 1200 digital pack

I have one. I find it an excellent piece of equipment. I cannot tell you how it relates to the 1200RX since I don't have these. The other monoblocks I have are 600RX's. I can tell you that the 1200 Digital pack has about a stop more than the 600RX when used with a SSE head. Naturally you will loose power when you start to extend this cable. Naturally the shorter the cable the less power you loose. I don't have the idea that I noticeably loose power with using only the cable that is standard on the SSE head. Certainly not 1 stop since that would make the 1200 pack effectively having the same pop as my 600RX. It is certainly more, about a stop (which it should be).

I skipped the 1200RX monoblock because of its huge size. If I would have to choose between monoblock and pack it would be the monoblock when I need 600WS (600RX) and the pack when I need more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have no way to accurately measure flash power other than light output, but I can tell you that the Elinchrom 1200RX ac pack puts out about a stop more using an A3000N head than the styleRX 600.
    -bob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I bought the 1200 rx and found a 1500 classic with two 1500 watt heads for a great price.

Post Thanks / Like

I ahve been using this pack a bit recently very happy with it. I also ended up with two 600 rx monoheads and a 1200 rx monohead. I am oving to making my kit out of my house the 1200 rx pack with one head on it two 600 rx heads and a ranger quadra. I ahve been using the quadra as a background light and the three heads as lighting on the main subject . Much happier then my old balcar system. I still have one balcar pack left and one head. I am also using the skyport system over the multimax as it seems more reliable. Thanks for the influence everyone here.