The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

elinchrom 1200 digital pack

dseelig

Has anyone ever used the elonchrom 1200 digial pack. It takes two heads. A shooter I know told me it does not have the power it claims loses a stop from the pack to the heads from wiring to the heads. He is a former elinchrom dealer. I am used to packs but am considering going to all monoheads. Does one head in this pack have as much pop as a 1200 elinchrom monohead? Thanks David

Dustbak

I have one. I find it an excellent piece of equipment. I cannot tell you how it relates to the 1200RX since I don't have these. The other monoblocks I have are 600RX's. I can tell you that the 1200 Digital pack has about a stop more than the 600RX when used with a SSE head. Naturally you will loose power when you start to extend this cable. Naturally the shorter the cable the less power you loose. I don't have the idea that I noticeably loose power with using only the cable that is standard on the SSE head. Certainly not 1 stop since that would make the 1200 pack effectively having the same pop as my 600RX. It is certainly more, about a stop (which it should be).

I skipped the 1200RX monoblock because of its huge size. If I would have to choose between monoblock and pack it would be the monoblock when I need 600WS (600RX) and the pack when I need more.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I have no way to accurately measure flash power other than light output, but I can tell you that the Elinchrom 1200RX ac pack puts out about a stop more using an A3000N head than the styleRX 600.
-bob

dseelig

I ahve been using this pack a bit recently very happy with it. I also ended up with two 600 rx monoheads and a 1200 rx monohead. I am oving to making my kit out of my house the 1200 rx pack with one head on it two 600 rx heads and a ranger quadra. I ahve been using the quadra as a background light and the three heads as lighting on the main subject . Much happier then my old balcar system. I still have one balcar pack left and one head. I am also using the skyport system over the multimax as it seems more reliable. Thanks for the influence everyone here.