The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Eli Quadra vs. Profoto AcuteB

ocarlo

Dustbak,

btw, late thanks for the heads up! I caught Adorama at the last second, and they graciously held the free head offer for me - in fact, I'm only now picking up the kit today. it helped, i'm sure, that i'd gotten two Ranger kits from them before...

Question to all: it seems there is no hood for the 27in deep octa that can narrow the light spread. Might be a silly question but, Is it possible to use the profoto zoom reflector attached while using an adapter and the Elinchrom deep octa? Or, can one attach a reflector to a profoto head AFTER its on an Eli adapter? then i could do a blackwrap workaround.

The obvious retort would be: why not just use a Profoto zoom reflector and soften it up? but then I'd lose that wraparound coverage too...

What I'm trying to get at: a fashion-y light on a subject, in an environment, that somewhere in between a mere fill light and bringing the background down too much - hence, my need to control spill?

Dustbak

No, you cannot put a Profoto modifier on a light when the Eli adapter is on (the adapter takes the place of the modifier).

What you want to achieve could be done by using a Mola Demi with the dedicated grid. You want the portability though AFAIK, in which case I would suggest getting the 100cm deep Octa and get the Lighttools grid.

You can also contact Lighttools to find out if they plan on making a grid for the 70cm deep Octa. The 70cm is relatively new, it might be that they have one in the planning.

johnnygoesdigital

rem,

Check the voltage going through your unit to make sure the power distribution is rated at Hensel specs. Also, check your meter, sometimes meters can be off as much as 2 stops!