The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Elinchrom Stuff

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Those zoomable heads look interesting. I just have no idea in general when it is actually landing in the US.
-bob

symbolphoto

I'm assuming it won't be for a few months. I personally have no need for it, but i'm sure there are folks out there that do.

At the very least, folks who use poorly fitting third party rings could find a use for these to ensure the flashtube is in the best location for spread.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am thinking more how they might function with a gridded reflector.
-bob

Giorgio

Dude,

Where is the mid size indirect light bank that they showed in their promo shoot? I want two of those!

I seem to remember mid 2011 as the production date? I could be wrong.

Either way, I am a happy camper so don't mistakenly consider this a complaint. Eli is not the only manufacturer out there...

T

Twoshoes

It was released a while ago, but it was nothing like the promo video. They've since taken it off and are r-releasing a new version as far as I know.

symbolphoto

Let's hope. The last one was horrible. I passed the comments on to one of the owners. Wonder if that lead to them pulling it. Hmm.

rem

Giorgo, I should receive the first one in Switzerland, but the delivery date changes from month to month... Stability problems...
I'm waiting also for a speedring to adapt my Rotalux to the Hensel heads. They said over a year ago they will produce it.... Where is it? Grrrrrrrr...;-)
rem

Giorgio

Thanks for the update!
I guess we wait?
Rem, please be certain to post when you get the modifier!

T

Twoshoes

Yeah I'd really like to see the new version. I've been holding off on getting the Setti as it might produce the results I'm after and be collapsible.

tetrode

Giorgo, I should receive the first one in Switzerland, but the delivery date changes from month to month... Stability problems...
I'm waiting also for a speedring to adapt my Rotalux to the Hensel heads. They said over a year ago they will produce it.... Where is it? Grrrrrrrr...;-)
rem
I queried Elinchrom about the promised Rotalux rings compatible with flash units from other manufacturers. I received a not particularly helpful response back on July 4:

"We will release it when we think it’s the right time for us.
As usual we will announce this on our website."

Thanks, Elinchrom. I haven't bothered asking again.

Dave F.

rem

Yesterday I received a phone call, that I receive tomorrow the Elinchrome deep 150cm indirect Rotalux. The first one in Switzerland. But they told me that the situation for this unit is still very bad. Also still no Adapters for Hensel...
rem

ocarlo

Rem,
Does indirect mean that the flash head is pointing the other way, and the light is bouncing back?
Also wondering if you've heard of a hood for the 27in. Deep Octa?
cheers

rem

Yes Carlo that means it. I will post a picture if you are interested. What do you mean with a "hood" for the deep octa?
rem

ocarlo

thanks Rem - by hood I mean the outer skirt around the edge
that can flag off flare. Just remembered - its called a hooded diffuser sumthin...They have one for the 100cm but not for the smallest deep octa,
and since I chose the small size, I want to minimize the falloff of the light.
please do send me a pic if you can...this is very interesting...thanks again

rem

Carlo, the number for the 70cm hooded diffusor is: EL26770. I sent you some pics to your gmail adresss.
lg, rem

rem

after long waiting received, the first deep octa indirect 150cm. Setup is very easy, one minute or so. Comes also with an adapter to make a direct light, inkl, deflector.
rem