The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Latest Lighting from Broncolor

N

NHScottishGuy

So...how does this pack improve on the grafits?
In several ways!

Without giving a full technical answer here are the highlights.

With Scoro you have 3 channels that can operate ALL special functions (only 2 on Grafit do this)
With Scoro you have up to 10 stops of control (only 7 on Grafit)
With Scoro you have full asymmetry over all 3 lamphead outlets (Grafit has asymmetrical restrictions depending on functions used etc).
Selectable color temperature (Grafit could only do this in conjunction with the FCC Meter)
Faster flash duration (Fastest of any manufacturer).
Faster Recycling 0.6 sec for 1600ws and 1.2 sec for 3200ws (Fastest of any manufacturer).
Radio Receiver included (no antenna as it is built into handle).

Hope this helps!
Dave.

J

jingq

strangely enough I thought very few people use 3 heads per pack.
plus the flash duration of the new profoto 8a seems faster at maximum and similar (1/12000s t0.5) at minimum?

just curious, I don't see a pricing so I wonder what premium in price it has over the grafits

In several ways!

Without giving a full technical answer here are the highlights.

With Scoro you have 3 channels that can operate ALL special functions (only 2 on Grafit do this)
With Scoro you have up to 10 stops of control (only 7 on Grafit)
With Scoro you have full asymmetry over all 3 lamphead outlets (Grafit has asymmetrical restrictions depending on functions used etc).
Selectable color temperature (Grafit could only do this in conjunction with the FCC Meter)
Faster flash duration (Fastest of any manufacturer).
Faster Recycling 0.6 sec for 1600ws and 1.2 sec for 3200ws (Fastest of any manufacturer).
Radio Receiver included (no antenna as it is built into handle).

Hope this helps!
Dave.

N

NHScottishGuy

plus the flash duration of the new profoto 8a seems faster at maximum and similar (1/12000s t0.5) at minimum?

Just to be clear. Flash duration on broncolor is read at t.01 and not t.05. t.05 is the measurement of flash duration of over 50% of the intensity of the light. Now remember that the shutter does not only "see" over 50% of the light, so broncolor uses t.01 or over 10% of the light. In effect a t.05 flash duration reading can be as much as 3 times slower than a t.01 reading. Grafit had a 1/6000th t.01 reading - Scoro has 1/8000th sec t.01 reading. And also with broncolor Grafit and Scoro flash duration is selectable.

Catalog prices:
Scoro A2s (1600WS).: $7,999
Scoro A4s (3600WS): $10,999

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Welcome to the forum, Dave.

I plan on getting over to the Broncolor booth tomorrow to check the Scoro packs out.

David

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
David please check all the lighting stuff if you get a chance love to hear more on what is going on. We used some Broncolor lighting during the workshop that Dave brought in. Very nice gear and the para was really interesting to work with. This was shot with the Para

N

NHScottishGuy

Thanks for the welcome note! I should introduce myself....

I am the East Coast Regional Manager for Sinar Bron Imaging. I will restrict my comments to being about broncolor. I WILL NOT post regarding Sinar as we already have a very capable voice on the forum in Thierry and I do not wish to add confusion to a confusing world! So for broncolor questions/comments fire away, but please direct all Sinar questions to Thierry or contact me directly of-line.

J

jingq

Thanks for the welcome note! I should introduce myself....

I am the East Coast Regional Manager for Sinar Bron Imaging. I will restrict my comments to being about broncolor. I WILL NOT post regarding Sinar as we already have a very capable voice on the forum in Thierry and I do not wish to add confusion to a confusing world! So for broncolor questions/comments fire away, but please direct all Sinar questions to Thierry or contact me directly of-line.
jim reed, is that you!

N

NHScottishGuy

jim reed, is that you!
No.....

Dave McRitchie. I am the East Coast Regional Manager and that covers all of the east coast except NYC & LI and also NJ. The aforementioned Jim Reed handles that area very well! I have worked with Sinar Bron and Jim since early 2002. I am not placing my business title etc in my signature as I am not the official spokesperson for the company - just someone who wants accurate and timely information regarding broncolor made available.

NHScottishGuy - cos I am from Scotland and now reside in NH.

Jim Reed does try to imitate a Scottish accent, but somehow his accent tranverses the planet without ever stopping in Scotland! Starts sounding Irish and ends up Jamaican! Pretty funny really....
:LOL:

Dave.