The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DOes anyone use PW Flex TT5's with their 645DF bodies?

Chris Giles

I've been trying to trigger a flash with them for a bit and can't seem to get anything to fire.

These are Canon ones but they can be set as straight forward triggers. But the settings I'm using don't seem to be doing anything?

Kirk Candlish

I've been trying to trigger a flash with them for a bit and can't seem to get anything to fire.

These are Canon ones but they can be set as straight forward triggers. But the settings I'm using don't seem to be doing anything?
Are you using a pair of them or one on the camera and a different PW as the receiver ?

malmac

Chris

I have pretty much the same set up as you - Phase 1 and Canon and Pocket Wizards - mix of TT5s and Plus 2's.

In simple terms the TT5's would not trigger the Plus 2's until I reset one of the TT5's to "basic trigger mode" (I think that is what it was) using the USB cable attached to my computer and the software for adjusting the settings.

Now that TT5 is kept with the two PLus 2's and used with the Phase 1 kit and the three other TT5s are used as a set with the Canon kit.

I am not that happy with Pocket Wizard, but I have so much invested in the system that I have been slow to invest more cash in another system which ends up being just as tempermental.

If you want more specific info on what I did I can go through the process again and work out exactly what I did.

Regards.

mal