The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Profoto D1 & Air Question

I have purchased a Profoto D1/500 Kit. With Air Remote, I should be able to control the heads individually. In order to do that, I believe I need to put two D1s in two different groups ("A" & "B"). However I couldn't find out how to do that. I'm able to change the channel only.

Subrata

Kirk Candlish

Press the channel set button, the channel indicator will start flashing. With the channel selection flashing you can change the channel by rotating it. Press and hold down the button to change the group.

On the Air remote the group button scrolls though the groups so you can modify lights in a specific group. Press Master on the left side of the group indicators to make them all active.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Enjoy the D1's. They have been working out very well for my clients who are using them. The Air remote is great. Are you using the Air USB with the Capture One Plug In?

Lance

Kirk Candlish

Nice plug for yourself there Lance.

Every pro I know who has bought the AIR USB had been very unhappy with the lousy software. Sadly it's not even developed by Profoto and it's poorly designed and supported.

Dustbak

I second the opinion about the software. Profoto should be ashamed of putting this into the market. This is not even worthy of being called an engineering prototype and further development appears to be not happening.

I have an AIR USB, use it but it really stinks which is a damn shame!