The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photogenic PL1250DR Portable Power

Greg Haag

I was hoping that someone might be familiar with a battery/inverter that might be compatible with the Photogenic PL1250DR. I have spoken with Photogenic and the only thing they recommend is a generator, I have the Honda eu2000i but for me it is not very practical. I am trying to decide on whether to buy a battery/inverter pack to power one of my Photogenic PL1250DR's or purchase Profoto AcuteB 600R. It would be nice to be able to use all of my light modifiers that fit Photogenics. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated I have wrestled this around so much I am in a fog!

LJL

Greg,
There are battery units that can deliver clean power to your flashes. One that does the job is the DynaLite XP 1100 power inverter.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/302315-REG/Dyna_Lite_XP1100_Power_Inverter_Supplies.html

I have one plus a spare battery, and it works great. It should easily power a couple of the Photogenic PL1250DR monolights you mention as they are 500W/S output and the battery thing can handle up to 1100W/S for several hundred full blast shots, more than enough for most shooting. I run a couple of packs from mine with one or two heads to each pack, but shooting at lower power and have no problems. There is a power inverter for a clean sine wave delivery, just as the Honda generators produce. (I have a couple of those also, and they work very nicely, but are sometimes a bit much to cart everywhere, especially for short shoots.)

LJ

mark1958

According to Hensel, the kit does not include the car charger. B&H photo is the only place which advertises with the car charger. i had emailed Hensel and they confirmed it did not include the car charger. THe photo at the BH web site does not show the car charger. I think that Hensel did not understand that it is stated as an included item. Mark

Here's the ticket ... comes complete with two batteries, charger, car charger and shoulder case.

It's built and sealed similar to the Hensel Porty ... built like a tank, and is a top battery rental unit. You can use it to run 2 lights up to 500w/s each ... or any AC powered device like a laptop.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/528823-REG/Hensel_978_Visit_MPG_1500_Mobile.html