The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Broncolor Move - Free battery promotion!

gazwas

For those who are thinking of buying one of these amazing generators, I've just had an email from Bron (UK) now offering a FREE battery with every Move pack ordered before the end of June 2014.

The Beauty of broncolor

The Move kits are already amazing value to begin with but now you also get an extra battery......... Result!

Last edited:

gazwas

Very nearly!

To begin with I've ordered just a strip softbox (plus one in the kit) and a Para 133 but I've got a few more on the want list. I'm hoping I like the new softboxes because I'd quite like the big window light plus a reflector and grid set. The spot attachment would be nice also but not sure how focusable they are without the Pulso head.

You can spent as much on modifiers as you can the packs! :)

What nice ones do you use - got any recommendations?

gazwas

I'm also thinking while this excellent battery promotion is on what kit can I sell to buy a third pack :) that would be my location lighting sorted for the foreseeable future.

I think they did the battery promo with pre orders when they first released the Move but nothing as good as this since just a free small octo box from memory.

aztwang

They did their marketing right as they offered this Batt Promotion right after the $800 price hike. Sales were going so well on this pack, why not raise the price and offer promotions. The last kit I ordered was before the price hike, a 1 light kit and it came with a free 75 Octabox ( $285 value). So I have 1, 1 light kit and a 2 light kit with 1 extra battery, a Para 88, P70 reflectors, 3 pc grid kit and a 5 degree grid all for the P 70. I also have both silver & white beauty dishes, still not sure if I need both, need to do some comparisons between the 2. I can use my Profoto Softboxes with the Bron speedrings and picked up a 3rd party snoot which works fine. I do like the option of the additional diffuser that slips over the outside of the Bron softboxes, but you have to buy Brons softboxes as they are an odd size compared to most others. I'm on the fence with the 133/177/222 as my next and hopefully last light shaper for some time. The 222 is a full length shaper but is pretty darn big for my studio. The 133 is interesting though and Karl really likes the light of the 133 on the ladies. The 177 ( a couple inches short of 6 feet) is right in the middle and seems as overall would be the best choice to use as a key light and fill with the 88.... The Para 88 is not a 1 trick pony, but dam close and if you like a specular light style ( I Do!) there is not a better shaper. I have found the best silks for the Para is the #1 and #2 and if you need a bit more softness just stack them. Thats about it gazwas...let me know how it all pans out for you.

gazwas

Great setup you have there and P70's with grids are on my wish list.

I was gutted Bron USA were doing the octo offer with the Move but UK wasn't however, not being a fan of octo's I'm so glad UK finally came through with the even better (IMO) battery offer.

I too considered the 177 as my first Para but after looking at the 133 at a photo show I was sold. The way you put it together (but with better focusing mechanism) like the 88 is just amazing especially when used on location. Also being a one piece design rather than half folded like the 177 and above will make it travel so well.

I think unless you do have space issues, for studio use only I personally think the 222 is about the best in the range as its extra size gives that beautiful direct wrap around 3D light Para's as so famous for that I don't think the others are quite big enough to achieve (photographer in front of modifier).

Can't wait to get hold of my kit and will update the forum when they arrive as there is not enough lighting talk (never mind Broncolor talk) on these forums. :watch: