The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elinchrom updates the Quadra....

gazwas

Those look amazing and would much prefer them over the Profoto B2 if I was in the market for a small battery solution.

fotografz

Like the Hybrid before it, this Quadra, looks more cosmetic than substantive to me ... a bit nicer read-out, but given that you can get a lightly used Quadra with both Lead cold weather battery and Lith battery for a fraction of the price, it'd have to offer some real improvements or innovations over my current Quadra kit.

Hope the new radio transceiver works with previous Quadras.

Elinchrom must be taking a beating from the Chinese onslaught at the low end, and the Profoto TTL lights at the higher end.

- Marc

gazwas

Yes, I just checked the price on these and they were much more than I expected. As good as I think they look, its a lot of money when big names like Profoto sell for just a bit more and the others are considerably less.

I was looking at these - Safari 2 600Ws Portable Flash System and they look very similar to the Elinchrom but at a fraction of the cost. No idea how good they are but seem to get good reviews.

eekimel

They're a rebadged version of the Godox RS600P. There have been improvements made to the head since it was introduced and also a reworked circuit board in the pack. I gathered that from Edward Tang at Cheetahstand.com, who's been trying to import those into the U.S. For a while now. (He still might but another importer who's bringing the Godox studio flashes in is apparently doing so as well.

They may be available directly from Godox in the UK as well. From what I've read/seen they're nice lights. There are a couple of Youtube videos up with their use.

dseelig

It looks like Elinchrom did a great job with there new sky port as it works with most of there older strobes and the new ones of coarse 1/8000 with there slower heads wow. So the Quadras are defitnley a thank to reckon with again. David
They're a rebadged version of the Godox RS600P. There have been improvements made to the head since it was introduced and also a reworked circuit board in the pack. I gathered that from Edward Tang at Cheetahstand.com, who's been trying to import those into the U.S. For a while now. (He still might but another importer who's bringing the Godox studio flashes in is apparently doing so as well.

They may be available directly from Godox in the UK as well. From what I've read/seen they're nice lights. There are a couple of Youtube videos up with their use.