The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elinchrom Quadra adapter

evgeny

Hi,

the Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Reflector Adaptor for EL Reflectors is expensive and its plastic parts can easily broke.

Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Reflector Adaptor for EL EL 26339 B&H

1. Is there a better made and less expensive adapter to attach Elinchrom light modifiers to Quadra heads ?

2. I'm also very interested in an adapter to attach Hensel light modifiers to Quadra heads. Cannot find Hensel to Quadra adapter for many years. :facesmack:

Thanks
Evgeny

eekimel

Well I've never had an issue with the plastic breaking, I have had problems with the metal bending. Meanwhile Elinchrom finally recognized the issue and came up with the Quadra Adapter Mark II.

FotoFlits - Ranger Quadra Reflector Adapter MK-II

Not yet available in the U.S. it is available from an eBay seller based in Israel (I bought two and love them). They're more expensive than the original by the way.

When push comes to shove, the market for Quadra to large modifier adapters is so small that there hasn't been much of a call for third-party solutions. Lastolite had its adapter and Mola had its adapter -- not that I'd mount a heavy adapter directly to the Quadra head. I do have a Mola Demi and have it mounted to the Quadra with one of these

Mola Lumi Three Tilt Bracket for Elinchrom Ranger Quadra s or A Flash Heads | eBay

Good luck with your search.