Site Sponsors

Thread: Arri vs Dedolight

carbonmetrictree

Arri vs Dedolight

What do you guys use for continuous light sources? I've been using Arri's for awhile now and wouldn't mind trying the Dedolight 150w and 300w lights if they are suitable for interior work. I haven't had the time to rent them yet, so any information would help!

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit: (Sorry, this should be moved to the lighting section)
    ok, -bob
    Last edited by Bob; 10th February 2009 at 03:50.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Arri vs Dedolight

Quote Originally Posted by carbonmetrictree View Post
    What do you guys use for continuous light sources? I've been using Arri's for awhile now and wouldn't mind trying the Dedolight 150w and 300w lights if they are suitable for interior work. I haven't had the time to rent them yet, so any information would help!

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit: (Sorry, this should be moved to the lighting section)
    ok, -bob
    I don't have the Dedolights ($$$$) ... but have hired a photographer who did use them to shoot food ads for me. Fantastic lights with almost infinite possibilities as far as continuous lights are concerned. They run cool, so they seem to be a good choice for perishables.

carbonmetrictree

That's great news to hear about the heat reduction in the Dedo lamps. Did you notice a difference in the quality of light comparing it to a "normal" fresnel, such as an Arri?

Thank you,

Andrew

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well to be truthful, I've not experienced the Arri lights ... at least not that I know of .... I've art directed like a thousand shoots, so I probably did, but never paid attention to the brand of continuous lighting except the Dedo's. I love the little Dedo generator boxes and all the endless light modifying accessories. This photographer I shoot with swears by them.