The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sold a quadra and the guy that got it

dseelig

Sold a quadra and the guy that got it says the flash tube blew in a week why do flash tubes brake? Could it have been something with the shipping was well packed or soemthing he did wrong? thanks for speculation.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Usually the flash tube got loose in transit and was not sitting properly in its mount and shorted out. Happen to me with another system

dseelig

Hi Guy
Thanks he wants me to pay for a new flash tube he also said it worked when he got it. I offered half to make ti go away. My dealer at Roberts said I should not do a thing since it worked when he got it what do you think?
David

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
If it worked when he got it then he got a deal ... no one guarantees bulbs tires brakes batteries ...

Something for nuthin ... everyone wants a deal other than the one to which they agreed.

Half is very generous.

Bob

dseelig

he said it died when he tried to use it the next day on a job in his house.
If it worked when he got it then he got a deal ... no one guarantees bulbs tires brakes batteries ...

Something for nuthin ... everyone wants a deal other than the one to which they agreed.

Half is very generous.

Bob

Egor

So his complaint is that life is a series of curve balls?

Neither of these are worth whining about:

Elinchrom Flashtube for D-Lite 2, 4 and Ranger Quadra S EL 24009

Elinchrom Flashtube (250/500 W/S) for BXRi and Quadra A EL 24000

Sorry when I buy a kit I always factor in for the disposables which include
flash tubes.

Bob
True, that would be a bummer but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I think your deal for half$ the cost of a new flashcube to make things right is admirable and he should take that and shake hands on it!

Now if that were Broncolor....whining would be warranted...in fact full on tantrum might be in order :cry::scry::bugeyes::cussing:

but; still a wear part is a wear part

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Now if that were Broncolor....whining would be warranted...in fact full on tantrum might be in order :cry::scry::bugeyes::cussing:

but; still a wear part is a wear part
Truth be told a Bron would outlast all parties involved.

And should at the tariffs involved.:ROTFL:

Bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm in the camp of 50 percent and go away. But I do agree this is a gift on your part , he reported working when received and that should be all your on the hook for but I totally get your gesture. I would do the same just to get it out of my life. We all have enough stress in our life and the costs are low.

I sold my hole dynamite kit to a newbie and I hav been helping hm all along. It's taken a bit of my time but end of day I want the guy to be happy. I'm also one of those sellers that I always want no one to not like me.

neelin

Sorry when I buy a kit I always factor in for the disposables which include
flash tubes.

Bob
Pretty much have to figure purchasing flashes like this. It's not like you were tricky enough to sell the flash 10 pops before the tube burned out!

...as a teenager I learned a hard lesson...when you come home with your dad's car gas tank "empty", make sure he's a mile from home when he runs out of gas, not in the driveway pulling away. ;)

Robert