The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Godox adds another light to the X system

dmward

HERE is the announcement on FlashHavoc

I like the form factor and power. It has interchangeable Lithium Battery similar to the 680 and a reasonably fast recycle time at full power.

According to Elv, it has the MASK function. This will make it a great option of small product photography and in conjunction with the AD600 for clipping subject out of background.

It appears that Adorama is the exclusive US source.

The $330 price includes both heads and the gel, barn door, grid accessories.

Will be interesting to see how they implement the ganging mentioned. Hopefully with a remote head cable similar to the AD600. Having a cable to remote the head from the body would offer some interesting versatility.

Alan

Now that these have been out for a while, anyone have experiences to report?

Thanks!

wolfbell

Now that these have been out for a while, anyone have experiences to report?

Thanks!
i´m usually using the elinchrom quadra for outside work, but since the weight is still around
3 kilos including the charger i was happy to find out about the godox ad 200, a great little flash that is super compact and therefore perfect for traveling and still powerful enough for a lot of tasks. i never thought i need ttl but its actually nice to have in certain situations and the flash tube - similar to quantum flashes - makes it almost a little studio flash with a good light performances. accessories are cheap, for example there is a nice little octabox that fits the flash without any adapters that costs less than 30 euro.
so far so good, but... the flash (in my case only the bare bulb) came with a hardly acceptable color shift to red/magenta. and right now there is no way to get a replacement for the bulb. i broke the on/off switch after a few weeks and it seems - at least in germany - nobody is able to repair it. so the products are not bad, prices are actually pretty good but what are u doing as a professional if the is no proper service, if u can't find anybody to repair your stuff. its a bit sad but if godox is not dealing with this issue very soon i would not recommend this flashes to anybody who needs reliable equipment.