The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Radio transmitters for 1/1000

Recently I happened to need to shoot outside at 1/1000 of second to overpower the sun. I founded out that my Chinese radio triggers cannot reliably sync at a speed higher than 1/200 or 1/250 of second.

What radio transmitters would you recommend for the fastest sync time?

I use some old Broncolor power packs without RFS and hardwire one unit for the studio work.

Thanks

Yevgeny

kdphotography

Pocket Wizards can be used if set to the FAST mode. See, https://captureintegration.com/flash-duration-vs-sync-speed-vs-triggering-method/

Phase XF built-in Profoto Air is automatically set to fast mode, otherwise, if using Profoto transceivers, press and hold the Mode button for seven seconds until the transmit light blinks fast.

On the cheap, you can use Paul Buff's Cybersync trigger and transceivers.

I'm sure there are probably a few other wireless trigger options to utilize studio lights with short flash duration and leaf shutter lenses with fast flash sync

Ken

Pocket Wizards can be used if set to the FAST mode. See, https://captureintegration.com/flash-duration-vs-sync-speed-vs-triggering-method/

Phase XF built-in Profoto Air is automatically set to fast mode, otherwise, if using Profoto transceivers, press and hold the Mode button for seven seconds until the transmit light blinks fast.

On the cheap, you can use Paul Buff's Cybersync trigger and transceivers.

I'm sure there are probably a few other wireless trigger options to utilize studio lights with short flash duration and leaf shutter lenses with fast flash sync

Ken
Ken,

Thank you very much indeed for your advice.

I looked through your other threads and found a lot of very useful information there.

Great forum!

Yevgeny

Ken
Thanks for this — will it go faster than 1/1000 on a Profoto Air Remote if set to "FAST" mode? I suppose I should try, as my air remote topped out at 1/1000 with my H6D and also my Fuji X100F.

Obviously if set to Hi-S on my TTL-C, it will go beyond for HSS purposes, but I did nt know of the fast mode on regular air remotes.

kdphotography

Be aware that using "Fast" mode on the Profoto Air remote will use more battery power----so keeping an extra set of AAA batteries handy is a good idea. The Phase XF is already in "fast" mode so no battery worries---just set it and forget it.

Ken