The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

broncolor

dseelig

Anyone use the broncolor mobile 1200 watt unit. It is as light at the new hensel porty. Does it work well take some hard use? thanks David

fotografz

I considered this option also.

At 20.3 lb. for the Broncolor box, how is it as lighter than the 13lb Hensel Lithium 1200 box?

More importantly, the Hensel generator is smaller in size for easier packing. And a second Hensel Lithium battery is also smaller and lighter.

The Broncolor provides 130 full power pops, the Hensel 230 pops at full power. A lot more pops in a smaller package.

Perhaps you are referring to combined kit weight? The Broncolor Mobile lite 2 heads are pretty small and weight 2.7lb. The Hensel EH Pro Porty heads are also pretty tiny and weigh 2.9lb. each ... so no real savings in weight there.

A two head, 2 battery Broncolor set-up is about $4,900. and the Hensel 2 light, two battery set-up is about $5,100.

For an extra $200. you get 460 pops with the smaller lighter Hensel kit ... verses 260 total full power pops with the Broncolor kit.

BTW, both options are to rich for me right now :eek:

I'll wait until Profoto comes with a Lithium solution ... A two head 1000 w/s box a little bigger than the 600B would be great.:thumbs:

harmsr

Workshop Member
David,

I love Broncolor, but personally stayed away from the Mobil pack. I do own a Verso & Scorro.

For small & light weight, I still have two of the Profoto Acute B 600Rs. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the Hensel units yet.

The problem for me with the Bron Mobil was that you only have the choice of 50/50, 70/30, or 80/20. With the Acute B's, I have complete assymetry and can put one pack on each stand and not worry about cables. They are about the same weight. Two packs with two spare batteries plus heads, fit in one small Tenba case.

Recycle time seams faster on my Profotos. The batteries have almost double the life on the Profotos.

The Bron Mobile is 1200 WS, while the Acute Bs are 600 each. If I need 1200 ws on the Profotos, I have a twin head that uses both packs and gives me up to 1200 (but only with the one light).

My other issue with the Mobil pack is that it doesn't trigger fast enough, either by PC sync cable/Bron remote/pocket wizard system, to sync at the higher shutter speeds of my Hasselblad H3DII39. The issue is how fast it triggers, not the flash duration. My Profoto Acute Bs, Verso, and Scorro have no problems. In a previous conversation with Marc, he had told me that the Hensel unit also did not sync at the highest shutter speeds of the Hassy.

My preference was for the Profotos, as I gained a little flexability with two packs, more battery life, and the higher sync speeds.

My light location kit is a Tenba case that has two Profoto Acute B 600 Rs, two spare batteries, sync cables (in case), a normal Acute B head, and an Acute Twin head. Another Tenba bag with two stands & my tripod. Finally the last Tenba bag with an Elinchrom Maxi (adapted to Profoto), Profoto Magnum, and Elinchrome 36" Octo (collapsed and adapted to Profoto).

However, if you want the king of battery packs take a look at the Bron Verso. I have a Verso A4 RTS. It is basically a true 2400 WS - 3 head studio pack that can use a battery and go on location. It is not cheap nor light, but is truly amazing to use.

Best,

Ray

Last edited:

fotografz

David,

I love Broncolor, but personally stayed away from the Mobil pack. I do own a Verso & Scorro.

For small & light weight, I still have two of the Profoto Acute B 600Rs. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the Hensel units yet.

The problem for me with the Bron Mobil was that you only have the choice of 50/50, 70/30, or 80/20. With the Acute B's, I have complete assymetry and can put one pack on each stand and not worry about cables. They are about the same weight. Two packs with two spare batteries plus heads, fit in one small Tenba case.

Recycle time seams faster on my Profotos. The batteries have almost double the life on the Profotos.

The Bron Mobile is 1200 WS, while the Acute Bs are 600 each. If I need 1200 ws on the Profotos, I have a twin head that uses both packs and gives me up to 1200 (but only with the one light).

My other issue with the Mobil pack is that it doesn't trigger fast enough, either by PC sync cable/Bron remote/pocket wizard system, to sync at the higher shutter speeds of my Hasselblad H3DII39. The issue is how fast it triggers, not the flash duration. My Profoto Acute Bs, Verso, and Scorro have no problems. In a previous conversation with Marc, he had told me that the Hensel unit also did not sync at the highest shutter speeds of the Hassy.

My preference was for the Profotos, as I gained a little flexability with two packs, more battery life, and the higher sync speeds.

My light location kit is a Tenba case that has two Profoto Acute B 600 Rs, two spare batteries, sync cables (in case), a normal Acute B head, and an Acute Twin head. Another Tenba bag with two stands & my tripod. Finally the last Tenba bag with an Elinchrom Maxi (adapted to Profoto), Profoto Magnum, and Elinchrome 36" Octo (collapsed and adapted to Profoto).

However, if you want the king of battery packs take a look at the Bron Verso. I have a Verso A4 RTS. It is basically a true 2400 WS - 3 head studio pack that can use a battery and go on location. It is not cheap nor light, but is truly amazing to use.

Best,

Ray
That was the older Porty that I currently own Ray.

Don't know what it is for the new Hensel Lithiums.

MMPhoto

Hi all, I know I don't talk much. So here I go.

I do many locations shot and I use to carry my Pulso 2 and 4 and even more at time. Now that Bron as the Verso 2 and 4 and proved reliable that is my next purchase.

Weight is not a issue, the fact that I can use them in studio or on location with batteries or mainline power. That is a sell for me since I have own many accessories for my heads.

Later all, Michel