The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Godox Flashes

jdphoto

Can this do 1/8000th at full power like the Elinchrom El Skyport with HS? HSS speeds are impressive, but usually at the expense of power output. I love my Elinchrom ELB 400's ability to go 1/2000th at 1.4 and 1/8000th stopped down at full power.

iiiNelson

Can this do 1/8000th at full power like the Elinchrom El Skyport with HS? HSS speeds are impressive, but usually at the expense of power output. I love my Elinchrom ELB 400's ability to go 1/2000th at 1.4 and 1/8000th stopped down at full power.
No idea.

I’m not invested in the Godox system currently but I do like that it’s camera system agnostic and is a complete lighting system with speedlights, monolights, ringlights, modifiers, etc. I would assume the answer is no since it’s HSS and not a form of HyperSync/HotSync/Hi-Sync but some form of sync is better than none.

jduncan

Looks like they updated the 600ws moonlight with more stable color shifting across the power range, quicker recycling times, more powerful modeling light, built-in radio protocols for all the supported brands, and a slightly higher price. I’m happy to see more lighting companies becoming more brand agnostic.

https://www.fujirumors.com/flashpoint-xplor-600pro-godox-ad600-pro-available-pre-order-full-specs/

The other news is that B&H is now selling them.
They insisted for a long time with the Impact Venture TTL-600 but due to overwhelming demand they started to sell
Godox products and now they have a complete line including this new units.
They sell them as Godox. The good part about Adorama is that you get Adorama support, at least in the USA.

best regards,

iiiNelson

The other news is that B&H is now selling them.
They insisted for a long time with the Impact Venture TTL-600 but due to overwhelming demand they started to sell
Godox products and now they have a complete line including this new units.
They sell them as Godox. The good part about Adorama is that you get Adorama support, at least in the USA.

best regards,
B&H has actually being sold (or at least listed) Godox products for a little while now though in limited fashion. The speedlights have been listed on their site at least since late October or early November.

I do believe apart of the B&H and Amazon Godox deal pushed some of the smaller vendors that rebranded Godox products like Cheetahstands out of the strobe supplier business. I do believe that only Adorama is rebranding Godox lights now in USA at least. It’s probably a great deal for Godox to be a major supplier to the 3 big boys in camera equipment in USA but it sort of sucks for the smaller companies too. It’s a business move I understand but don’t love. Ed Tang spoke a little around it on his YouTube channel and now they’re only offering accessories and lighting modifiers.

jduncan

B&H has actually being sold (or at least listed) Godox products for a little while now though in limited fashion. The speedlights have been listed on their site at least since late October or early November.

I do believe apart of the B&H and Amazon Godox deal pushed some of the smaller vendors that rebranded Godox products like Cheetahstands out of the strobe supplier business. I do believe that only Adorama is rebranding Godox lights now in USA at least. It’s probably a great deal for Godox to be a major supplier to the 3 big boys in camera equipment in USA but it sort of sucks for the smaller companies too. It’s a business move I understand but don’t love. Ed Tang spoke a little around it on his YouTube channel and now they’re only offering accessories and lighting modifiers.

Hi,
Yes, I know that they started a few months ago, but they did not have the AD600, and before that they did not have any.
I am not sure I understand why the smaller companies stopped sales. They could no longer do branding but they could sale. Could you elaborate a little more?

Best regards,

iiiNelson

Hi,
Yes, I know that they started a few months ago, but they did not have the AD600, and before that they did not have any.
I am not sure I understand why the smaller companies stopped sales. They could no longer do branding but they could sale. Could you elaborate a little more?

Best regards,
Its not 100% clear from the video, but it was mentioned that Cheetahstands would no longer be able to sale Godox lighting equipment. They can and will sale accessories still but they won’t sale Godox lights any longer under the Cheetahstands branding. Maybe the huge Black Friday sale was to clear stock before the end of the year. They were practically giving the lights and accessories away at 50-75% discounts in many cases.

I would assume there’s some form of exclusivity clause between Godox and Adorama/B&H/Amazon but that’s also speculation on some level. I really only heard one side of things.