The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Color Shift shooting film with strobes

jdphoto

I've been shooting film with Elinchrom strobes (ELB 400), and I notice color shifts every few frames or so. Mostly used at the same output and camera settings with plenty of time for recycle, but still notice the shifts.

aztwang

I've been shooting film with Elinchrom strobes (ELB 400), and I notice color shifts every few frames or so. Mostly used at the same output and camera settings with plenty of time for recycle, but still notice the shifts.
Have you used the same set up but with a DSLR? Thats where i would start. Is this roll film or sheet film? Discrepancy in processing possibly?

Don

jdphoto

I think the color shift might be Elinchrom's HS head. At 1/600th, it was perfect when I shot Hi-Sync with a Sony A7rII. I'd normally get flash sync at 1/2000th wide open(f/1.8) and 1/8000th stopped down. However, the Action head might be more suitable now that I primarily shoot film.