The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

BLEW UP my Briese Generator - convert heads to Profoto?

faneuil

JUST blew up my Briese generator >*POW*< (definitely a cap went)

But I also shoot Profoto and it is time to convert my 2 Briese heads to PF
Anyone know who can do this conversion? I hear it is common and relatively easy.
Of course, if you don't know what you are doing it is also easy to kill yourself..

any advice appreciated.
thanks
Eric

Eric Korenman

Zerimar

I know that this is a very late reply, but I would suggest contacting Silvino's Pro Flash RX in Hollywood, CA. He is one of the only people in the world capable of working on strobe EQ and he could potentially even fix the Briese generator for you. Pro 10/8a are much better packs imo. I have 6x 8a packs and love them.

faneuil

Much much thanks.
Tried to find them but webpage had very limited info

Would love to find someone who can convert my briese heads to profoto

Eric

I know that this is a very late reply, but I would suggest contacting Silvino's Pro Flash RX in Hollywood, CA. He is one of the only people in the world capable of working on strobe EQ and he could potentially even fix the Briese generator for you. Pro 10/8a are much better packs imo. I have 6x 8a packs and love them.

Much much thanks.
Tried to find them but webpage had very limited info

Would love to find someone who can convert my briese heads to profoto

Eric
Hi.

Tho years ago I successfully converted my Briese heads to Broncolor with the help of eBay member apogeebee. They are very stable with my Verso A2. I communicated with him last week and he is very responsive.

He also converts the Profoto heads and so they can be used with the Briese Focus parabolics after the conversion. You can also buy his adaptations online on eBay and keep your Briese heads if you happen to find a nice Cube. I have just bought a Mini Yellow Cube for €700.00.

Yevgeny

Last edited: