Site Sponsors

Thread: Elinchrom Repair

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Elinchrom Repair

Well not sure what to do about this. I have a 1200 RX Mono which new they are quite expensive but I bought this used on e-bay awhile back for 950.00. Now I had some issues in NY and it seems the flash tube connection on one prong on the female side inside the unit is fried a little . So I bought a new Flash tube at 180.00 than installed that but I still am getting intermittent pops. It thinks it is firing the flash and recycles and all that but that connection inside needs to get fixed. Problem is i need this sooner than a repair can happen. So i have two choices here sell it for like 600 with the new flash tube and just get a A or S head for my Rangers or try to get it fixed but where is the question. This thing packs a load of juice BTW and great for the Main light with a 250 watt modeling lamp. Frankly I would just assume sell it and let the buyer take on the repair . Seems that circuit connection needs to be replaced which should not be too much to do. Well anyway any interest let me know but if anyone knows a repair shop that would be helpful as well.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Elinchrom Repair

Does Tempe Camera repair Elinchrom? No personal experience, but they came highly recommended when my Dynalites needed work.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't think so Bill but I will call in the morning. They fixed my Dynalites years ago.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Call Bogen and ask them for an estimate.
    -bob