The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Elinchrom Repair

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well not sure what to do about this. I have a 1200 RX Mono which new they are quite expensive but I bought this used on e-bay awhile back for 950.00. Now I had some issues in NY and it seems the flash tube connection on one prong on the female side inside the unit is fried a little . So I bought a new Flash tube at 180.00 than installed that but I still am getting intermittent pops. It thinks it is firing the flash and recycles and all that but that connection inside needs to get fixed. Problem is i need this sooner than a repair can happen. So i have two choices here sell it for like 600 with the new flash tube and just get a A or S head for my Rangers or try to get it fixed but where is the question. This thing packs a load of juice BTW and great for the Main light with a 250 watt modeling lamp. Frankly I would just assume sell it and let the buyer take on the repair . Seems that circuit connection needs to be replaced which should not be too much to do. Well anyway any interest let me know but if anyone knows a repair shop that would be helpful as well.

Does Tempe Camera repair Elinchrom? No personal experience, but they came highly recommended when my Dynalites needed work.