Site Sponsors

Thread: Any experience with Mamiya 645 80mm macro?

Post Thanks / Like

Any experience with Mamiya 645 80mm macro?

Hi all,
    I will be getting a Mamiya 645 AFD next week and trying to find a budget macro lens for it. My dealer has an 80mm macro lens for a reasonable price and I was wondering if anybody has experience with this lens?
    I would appreciate your comments.

Regards
    Volker

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Any experience with Mamiya 645 80mm macro?

Volker,
    The Mamiya M645 Macro lens 4.0/120 is a very sharp lens and is very affordable. The 4.0/120 latest version for the AFD and AFD II also require manual focus. However, the latest version will not require you to stop the f stop. In medium format system, the 120 has been the key focal length for photographers.
    -Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    Volker,
    The Mamiya M645 Macro lens 4.0/120 is a very sharp lens and is very affordable. The 4.0/120 latest version for the AFD and AFD II also require manual focus. However, the latest version will not require you to stop the f stop. In medium format system, the 120 has been the key focal length for photographers.
    -Son
    Thank you Son for this info. I was not sure if the 120 would automatically close to the preset f stop. Since I use manual focus most of the time anyway is the manual focus not a problem. I wonder how the focus confirmation will work.
    Best regards
    Volker

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Volker, sorry for the long delay to respond but you will get focus confirmation with your manual focus lens whether they are from Mamiya or from Hasselblad adapted to the Mamiya 645 AFD system.
    -Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Son, thanks for your help. I bought the 80mm macro for the time being. The 120 is on my list for latyer when I have a bit of spare money. I have done some testing sofar with film and it looks quite good. Christmas I will get the Mamiya back and then I will really see how good my lenses are.
    Volker