The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca RM3D vs Cambo wide RS vs Alpa Max

thomas

i did try the cambo and found it less 'precise' than the alpas. but this may be a personal opinion without scientific backing.
I don't think the Cambos are really less accurate (they are manufacturing the cameras within tolerances of 1/100mm... and so Alpa, Sinar, Arca... do AFAIK). But the materials Cambo is using feel less valuable (and maybe they are). The actual body, the screws... all that feels much better on an Alpa or the arTec than on a Cambo. Than again, it's just a camera to put your digi back on and as long as it "delivers" that's not so important. Well, at least not to me...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure that the cable release adapter really needs to be gold plated.
just saying...
-bob

Christopher

Yes the difference between the Cambo and Alpa isn't that big as I thought. (I had 15 vs 20 to the side in mind but it is 18 vs 20)

I'll try again both cameras early next year and see what I'll get. Perhaps I'll even get to try the arca. I just have to keep on mind, that the ALPA system is certainly more expensive, compared to the cambo. Quite bit more. Does somebody know what the actually difference between the Rm3d and RL3D is ? Besides larger movements. Price difference ?

E

eiaa

Bob, I guess there is some other reason why the shutter releases are gold plated. Below zero degrees and your skin adheres to most metals, except G:bugeyes:LD.

archivue

Does somebody know what the actually difference between the Rm3d and RL3D is ? Besides larger movements. Price difference ?
around 700 euros

jklotz

The difference, as I was told by Martin at the show, is the Rm3d was designed for digital and the RL3d was designed for either digital or film, up to 4x5

archivue

the RM3D can be used with 6x9 also !

Done ! I've bought the RM3D... the RL3D was too big for me !
My final choice considering lenses was to have my existing 35XL, 45 sironar digital and 90 sironar digital mounted to start.

the 45 and 90 offers both a large image circle that will cover my stitching needs with my aptus 22 and fat pixels !

i could have wait for the next 43 digitar, but for economical reason, and due to the fact that my current back is only 22Mp, i went for the 45.

I had to buy a need roll film back adaptor because they change the focus plane position... they call it N type.

at least, no more trouble with wide angles !

it cost a lot, but this is the most versatile camera from the bunch of technical cameras.

the only thing i don't like is the fact that the rotaslide isn't easy to pack !

;-)