The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MF Upper body workout

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I shot five hours yesterday with the Phamiya /P45+/150 2.8 and an L bracket (which I was too lazy to take off)
My right biceps and shoulder this morning feel the pain.
Now I should repeat today shooting leftie.
This is definitely an area where the S2 will be at a disadvantage. :ROTFL:
Once this gets comfortable, then one needs to upgrade to a heavier camera.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay I get it. This is the "excuse" thread where we all post plausible justifications for buying into the S2 system...

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

mark1958

My back suffers a lot but honestly, i end up carrying more weight with my DSLR 35mm system -- since i tend to carry more lenses.

John Black

When shooting for long periods I like to use the RRS MH-01 w/ a Manfrotto 681 monopod. And when shooting lenses longer than 80mm, using the monopod set-up significantly increases my keeper rate. The only downside is not being able to rotate the camera into portrait orientation.

T

tetsrfun

Phamiya /P45+/150 2.8
What is the weight with batteries...~2.2kg???

Steve

LJL

When shooting for long periods I like to use the RRS MH-01 w/ a Manfrotto 681 monopod. And when shooting lenses longer than 80mm, using the monopod set-up significantly increases my keeper rate. The only downside is not being able to rotate the camera into portrait orientation.
John,
If you are using a longer lens that has a collar, mounting the monopod to that collar foot solves the problem. I actually put the collar back onto my 70-200 at times when I want to use the monopod to steady things, and I just rotate the camera and lens inside the collar. This is the "normal" way I shoot with the 400 f2.8L IS, as there is little chance of every holding it up for more than a shot or two.

LJ

P.S. This is where that Leaf rotating sensor comes in handy, or the Sinar rotating back. Hoping some of that tech remains or gets spilled over to Phase for folks. For the S2, the issue is going to be using a QR clamp on the RRS part in order to quickly shift from horizontal to vertical, but you still have to unmount and remount the camera.....it is just quicker with the lever release.

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Or you can just get lazy, and for the "other" orientation, pretend that the sensor is square and just crop off the edges.
-bob

mark1958

I sold that a long time ago. I have the 500mm but i am not even including that one in the equation. With the Hassy, I travel with the 28,80, 35-90, and 210 with 1.7xTC and the 1.5HTS. A few extension tubes and a ND filters.

:ROTFL: That's because you have that 600 f4 IS in that bag!

T

tetsrfun

2.88 kilo by my scale
-bob
Not that bad...Now I got the scales out and weighted some camera gear. Nikon D-300 +MB10 vertical grip + 24-70 lens= 2.51 kg. Hassy CWD+winder +prism=3.3kg

Steve

PeterA

As one gets older :cry:- one appreciates the steadiness of a tripod when matched to heavy high megapixel tanks - irrepesective of format.:LOL:

dogstarnyc

I solved the problem.... I have a 2 yr old daughter, at over 30lbs now (or pushing 14 kilo's...) that's a workout...!

I go shooting with my MFDB gear for a rest....!

With kid number two due in Feb.... they are going to be way more expensive than the 'light as a feather' P65+ and S2 combo.. :)