The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Advice; would you buy into Blad V (200) system now?

T

tetsrfun

there has been some mention that the 38 does not work with the CFV-39, but I have also heard it does??? maybe simply a vignetting problem, aperture related
It's also not recommended with the CFVII. Hasselblad says not for "critical' use. There is a Hasselblad technical paper illustrated with "ray tracing" diagrams demonstrating the problem of the angle of light impacting the peripheral photo-receptors. (I can't find the link at the moment)..The few pictures that I have seen posted with the Biogon 38 + CFV39 looked good.

There are also several comments that the system works better if the sync cable is used rather than the SWC setting. I have found that to be true with my CFV. I think the problem is that if the shutter release if pushed down slightly, it will activate the CFV at an inappropriate time.

Steve

PeterA

I bought a 205TCC from a forum member to use a few FE lenses I picked up at bargain prices. The FE lenses are faster than than the typical V lenses and focus closer. The camera has excellent old fashioned clunky ergonomics. I shoot film ( always B&W ) and it is a fun system.

Being a gearhead I bought a CFV11 back to use on the modified 205TCC and the digital files I get from the lowly 16 megapixels are IMHO outstanding. I use a 50MM FE 0 the floating glass version a 100FE/2 (of course) and the excellent 250 FE s well as a 1.4X converter. The beuty of teh CFV11 is that it connects without need for sync cables and allows use of any shutter speed from teh focal plane body.

Today you an pick up these systems really cheap. I think teh 500 series cameras mated to the bigger boy 39 megapixel CF just released is a great bargain though and teh V series lenses are more plentiful.

Regarding rotating back - as indicated previously - use a Sinar Hy6 system - IMH even better glass - but stick to old style manual focus lenses. OR

get a Phase One back and use t on an RZ - you get rotating back and can pick up a complete lens system and couple of bodies for next to nothing. The camera is limited to 1/400th - but the lenses arevery very underated.

For wide shooting thought - nothing comes near the IQ I get from Alpa and Schneider 24/35 digitars.

However all this stuff is at the margin at teh ned of the day what feels good for you in hand and makes you want to make photos is the way to go.