The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus Beta for the Mac

fotografz

Phocus runs OK (albeit a bit slow) on my Santa Rosa MacBook Pro 2.2 ghz with 4gb ram. Still downloading the sample files.

It's probably there but I don't see a hand tool for panning. Anyone found it?

The 4 arrow keys will move the zoomed in image...pretty slow on this computer though. Also the Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys work. Command + and - will also zoom just like in PS CS3. But no hand tool that I can see.
Doug, once you use the zoom tool, (magnifying glass icon lower left), and the enlarged image resolves itself, you can press the space bar on your keyboard and hold it for the little hand icon that allows you to drag around the image.

BTW, this is true in most editing programs.

fotografz

Marc - I think I will make contact with your dealer in Michigan if you are happy to introduce me. Otherwise I don't know any 'Blad dealer who frequents this forum?

Robert that is great to know thanks for that.

Pete
Peter, not only am I willing, I am able ... due to our little "deal" he already volunteered to assist you where he can without me even asking him to. Very knowledgeable guy, rep for City Lights Digital, which is a subsidiary of City Lights Stage ... a full blown commercial studio in my area. They use all this stuff every day and know their stuff. He is also the one that sold me the Rollei Xact and also knows the ins-and-outs of that system because they use one.

Jim Arnosky
City Lights Stage
(248) 589-9000

[email protected]

Now with having a full Hasselblad Digital system, I'd like to see you join the Flexframe Forum which is restricted to Hasselblad digital photographers ... it is moderated/owned by a fellow Australian Nick Tresidder who really, really knows his stuff also.... and is potentially a great resource for you depending on his willingness and time ... which he's been generous with to his forum members

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flexframe/

Nick has to approve your membership to keep out spammers, Dr. Mark Kay from this forum also joined up not to long ago. Here's the Flexframe join-up contact:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8Bf7R6...zOyfi_DYYiKHtC0Yp9Eztyith/Member info request

If that doesn't work, contact Nick directly:

www.nick-t.com

fotografz

Marc - I think I will make contact with your dealer in Michigan if you are happy to introduce me. Otherwise I don't know any 'Blad dealer who frequents this forum?

Robert that is great to know thanks for that.

Pete
Oh, BTW Peter, I've suggested that Jim Arnosky join our group here to share his knowledge ... so hopefully Guy and Jack will extend their usual gracious welcome. Jim is also a pretty darn good photographer.

PeterA

Marc - you are a champion! - thanks mate.

Looking forward to Jim joining our group and will check out the flexframe group in due course.

Now I have to get my head around some of this broncolor stuff.

Cheers
Pete

PeterA

I should probably point out that I'm a Kiwi (New Zealander) not an aussie :)
Nick - in the spirit of trans Tasman goodwill - I forgive you...

... till the next time the All Blacks smack our bums! I am thinking of surprising my wife with a long weekend stay at Blanket Bay - i think just outside Queenstown. Will be our first trip to NZ.

Pete