The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro-adjustments of AF on Mamiya 645 AFDIII or P1 camera

Henry Goh

I know it is not a built-in feature but has anyone made such adjustment/calibration to a body that is less than perfect in focus accuracy?

I'm sure sometime in future the 645 bodies will have such a feature but right now I'm just looking for a way to adjust myself instead of sending the body to Denmark.

Henry Goh

No need for apologies David.

I believe camera makers calibrate their cameras and lenses to a standard "Range" before the equipment are released. However, sometimes a body's AF can happen to be at the lowest part of the range and be acceptable at the same time a lens can be at the upper part and also acceptable. Someone like me may happen to buy that body and that lens and then find AF to be less ideal. I just want to be able to tweak AF to optimal. I have done this for my 1Ds MKIII for my 14 Canon lenses and even did it for my Chipped adaptor ring Nikon and Zeiss lenses for use on this camera. To me that is the only way one can ensure sharpness shooting wide open like my 85mm f1.2 II. I recently bought a 24mm f/3.5 TS/E and although it is a manual focus lens, I calibrated it to make sure I can get perfect focus using the rangefinder indicator. I have done this for my 45mm TS/E too with great results.

I now want to do the same for my Phaseone 645 camera.