The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First image from my H2 & P45

PoloDigital

I can see this is going to take some work...

Forget auto white balance. But then again, I always shoot RAW with the D3, so no big deal. The detail with this beast is stunning...

Model: SaraLiz
MUA: Kay Castro

Hasselblad H2, Phase One P45, Hasselblad HC 210mm f/4
ISO 50, f/8, 1/100

Pixel peepers beware, link to 6MB full size jpg.

I think I'm going to like this combination :D

Comments and critiques appreciated as always.

Dale Allyn

Congrats!

You may find that Auto WB leaves you wanting anyway, so you could say that you purposefully avoided "Auto". ;) I find that I prefer Daylight for outdoors, sometime Tungsten for indoors, and often custom WB (which is really easy to set) for any indoor setting in which I have time to arrange. For me, adjustments are always made to refine this, though with custom WB I may need no adjustment.

You can include a GM (X-rite) ColorChecker card in one of your images for each lighting condition of portrait sessions and white balance from that (second white from the corner seems to work well), though for outdoor/landscape settings I find this less successful for my stuff.

Cheers.