Site Sponsors

Thread: Medium format lens entrance pupil location data

Post Thanks / Like

Medium format lens entrance pupil location data

I couldn't find much information about the entrance pupil locations for Mamiya and other medium format lenses, so I measured mine and started a chart on my web site: Medium Format Lens Entrance Pupil Data

Hopefully it'll help someone out, if anyone has more medium format entrance pupil data just let me know and I'll add it to the chart. (With credit to you of course!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Medium format lens entrance pupil location data

For all Hasselblad lenses you will find it in the lenses brochure click,in the grey boxes "lens design".

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's awesome of Hassy to publish that info. Mamiya doesn't even publish MTF charts, at least not that I've been able to find...

Member Paul Claesson Hasselblad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTurbo View Post
    Wow, that's awesome of Hassy to publish that info. Mamiya doesn't even publish MTF charts, at least not that I've been able to find...
    The description for "What is an MTF curve?" on page 4 to 6, is one of the best that I have read, it is very straight forward, clear and concise.

Note: The MTF data provided in the HC Lens brochure and also the PDF's available at Hasselbladusa.com are from lenses that have been pulled from the production line and tested and are NOT based on theoretical data as some manufacturers may provide.

H system- HC/HCD MTF here
    V system- Zeiss lenses here

Paul Claesson
    Hasselblad USA