Site Sponsors

Thread: A leaf and mamiya head scratcher

theunseenworld

A leaf and mamiya head scratcher

Hello all,

This is my first post and I have to say i'm stuck with what to do next other than have to get a mac laptop, so here goes. My set up is a Mamiya RB with an old leaf valeo 11 back (i'm an assistant and I managed to get one second hand) I have checked all the different bits of kit and they all work just not together . The extension cables and back works happily on my office imac but I need to shoot into my laptop instead. Its a windows laptop with enough ram and tje software seems happily installed, its an xp service pack 3 windows laptop, I have an external firewire card which has an external power source and this powers up the back, (but the led only seem to stay yellow on the pc and not turn green!) and when I try to connect it to the leaf capture software I get the same error message asking if i have connected the back to the firewire cable (which it already is) I have tried all combinations of launching software and plugging things in, i just hope one of you might have an idea of a driver or something that will help make the system work!

Many Thanks

Sophie

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A leaf and mamiya head scratcher

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Valeo line is supported only on the Mac, not on the PC.

Cheers,
    Kumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think Kumar is correct -- IIRC, Valeo was only Mac OS compatible.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

theunseenworld

Oh dear, I checked the release notes and it seems that you are all right, as I don't have the money for a mac laptop, an emulator to run os and then the right software may be my only option other than lugging around my Imac

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by theunseenworld View Post
    Oh dear, I checked the release notes and it seems that you are all right, as I don't have the money for a mac laptop, an emulator to run os and then the right software may be my only option other than lugging around my Imac

A relatively afforable option:

http://techrestore.com/xcart/product...cat=437&page=1

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

theunseenworld

Thanks steve I'm in the UK so i wonder if shipping might not happen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by theunseenworld View Post
    An emulator is unlikely to work with any mac-developed drivers especially when firewire is involved.
    Your best option is a G4 based Mac (iBook or Powerbook) or if you can stretch it to an early Mackbook this is much better. The V11 produces relatively small file so it doesn't require monstrous processing power.

As you're in the UK you can contact Peartree Photo for further advice

Yair