Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New PhaseOne 645AFD Announcement

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New PhaseOne 645AFD Announcement

Here is some of the news. You can see pictures and read more at http://captureintegration.com/category/news/
    or www.phaseone.com
    New Phase One Body

* Improved shutter speed range 1/4000th - 60 minutes
    * New AF motor with 3 AF points
    * New digital board
    * Improved dial, shutter, grip ergonomics, AF lever (for AF mode selection)
    * Ready for 120 frames per second
    * Ready for leaf shutters, expected 2008
    * Value Added Warranty: 3 year or 300,000 actuations (body and lens)
    * Classic Warranty: 1 year or 100,000 actuations (body and lens)

New 80mm F2.8 AF lens

* Extremely low chromatic aberration
    * Steel barrel
    * New ergonomic design

New Value Added Case

* Fits a laptop
    * Has roller wheels and handle
    * Room for body and two lenses

Lance Schad
    Capture Integration - Miami/Atlanta
    305-394-3196 cell | 305-534-5702 office
    Capture Integration , Phase One Dealer of the Year
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New PhaseOne 645AFD Announcement

this is absolutely cool. only if only it had decent lenses
    if they ever come up with a fully automatic contax 645, or rollei adapter, i will be first in line.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Let's end the lens myth right now. There not as bad as i hear at all. Look forward to the new body will certainly get one at some point but this is a 80mm 2.8 standard lens of today. For 14k and a whole MF system it ain't bad and i am Not kicking it out of my bed anytime soon. Sorry i can't get 4 lenses and a MF back for 14k anywhere. It beats the snot out of anything in 35mm so for me it is a huge jump getting into it.

First two are NOT sharpened , the third one is.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I want one
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

guy, do you a picture shot wide open?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay i shot the M8 next to this and there is no comparison per say with detail , DR and such the ZD kicks it. Color and tone on all my shots with the glass has a really nice look and not clinical at all. It may not be like some Zeiss glass or Hassy glass but it's certainly not crap as some would say. It can produce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by irakly View Post
    guy, do you a picture shot wide open?
    Yes I have a lot . Check this thread Irakly . My system is giving me fits at the moment and trying to restore. I will get more up when it comes back .

But look here . Frankly guys i am seriously impressed for what i spent and not much more than a 1dsMKIII

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1394

BTW nice to see you hanging out , you bring a wealth of knowledge in the MF world. i love the Contax system but it was and is tough buying a dead system per say. i know many parts and bodies are still out there but the body can't get improved and which lead me in this direction. i knew there was a new body coming and i think we will see another back this year announced. But for now i am better in the door than out it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lance if Phase wants a beta tester I would love to try the new body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

wow, not bad. is this the new 2.8/80?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

No this is the current model. The new one I do not have . For a cheap 80mm it is damn good. I have the 150 coming this week and i have a Hassy 40mm that I am going to bolt on with adapter but i do want to get the 55mm 2.8 also. Now i am hoping the will improve the line more with this announcement since it looks like Mamiya and the Phase combo will be alive and well . One can hope for even better glass but the back is the same as the leaf 22mpx which i always thought was a good one.

For entry level into the MF world , it's better than I thought it would be. Slow but not bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

i also think that 22mp is an optimal resolution for 645 for many practical reasons. honestly, i would prefer a 43x43 sensor, but it does not seem to be happening. so, p25 it is.
    as for the mamiya glass, out of the old line-up two lenses really impressed me: a 24mm fisheye and a 500mm cat. although, the cat is really hard to screw up i used both on contax 645 with some exotic custom-made adapter that marc had. i wish i knew who made it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack bought Marc's 24mm so I get a chance to see the results. I have a newer Hassy 40mm which is very good from memory with film. Hoping that helps. I may go for a 110 planar too. But i think 22mpx is really good. Of course would not mind having bigger and I will down the road. But for now this is very promising and for the screaming deal i got well worth it. I know there are many choices on backs Aptus , Hassy, Phase and Sinar . One thing is for sure they will not disappoint. The backs are not the biggest issue the camera choices are limited and that is something that makes these decisions hard. Contax not making there's any more, Hassy a closed system , Mamiya looks to be up and coming and than Sinar which looks awesome but expensive. Not a lot out there. This new announcement does bring promise though and glad to hear it.

thsinar

I'll get my 110 Planar next week, for my Hy6: can't wait for it!

Guy: when my hy6 is worn out I'll sell it to you!

Best regards and enjoy MFD,
    Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Jack bought Marc's 24mm so I get a chance to see the results. I have a newer Hassy 40mm which is very good from memory with film. Hoping that helps. I may go for a 110 planar too. But i think 22mpx is really good. Of course would not mind having bigger and I will down the road. But for now this is very promising and for the screaming deal i got well worth it. I know there are many choices on backs Aptus , Hassy, Phase and Sinar . One thing is for sure they will not disappoint. The backs are not the biggest issue the camera choices are limited and that is something that makes these decisions hard. Contax not making there's any more, Hassy a closed system , Mamiya looks to be up and coming and than Sinar which looks awesome but expensive. Not a lot out there. This new announcement does bring promise though and glad to hear it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Thierry. I wish i could have went Sinar on this but at least i am here and that is what counts. The more folks that get into the MF world the better for the industry and the users. I looked at the hy6 it was pure sex. Like getting a date with a 25 year old again.

Post Thanks / Like

The 110mm is quite heavy, Thierry.
    Too bad a hood isn't included.
    I'll either get a Lee compendium or a 95mm rubber hood.

thsinar

Sure, Guy, I am never blaming anyone for going one route rather than another. We are not sectarian, are we?

Thierry

Thanks Thierry. I wish i could have went Sinar on this but at least i am here and that is what counts. The more folks that get into the MF world the better for the industry and the users. I looked at the hy6 it was pure sex. Like getting a date with a 25 year old again.

thsinar

hi BJNY!

Yes, it is, but for my use it will be on tripod.
    Do you know if a specific hood exists for this lens (should)?

Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by BJNY View Post
    The 110mm is quite heavy, Thierry.
    Too bad a hood isn't included.
    I'll either get a Lee compendium or a 95mm rubber hood.

Post Thanks / Like

The same (bayonet?) hood fits the 180mm.
    2007 price list shows it as $222.
    Wish it were included with a $5K lens.
    Last edited by BJNY; 16th April 2008 at 06:17.

thsinar

ouch! but as long it is UNDER $ 300!

It is a "crime", IMO, and this includes Sinar concerning the MF lenses, to sell lenses WITHOUT lens hoods and leaving the choice to use it or not. It is not a question of price, IMO, but on one side some are ready to buy the best (most expensive) lenses and are not aware about the "destruction" of contrast in some light situations.

One should FORCE photographers to use a protection!

Thierry

Quote Originally Posted by BJNY View Post
    The same (bayonet?) hood fits the 180mm.
    It's under $300...ouch.
    Wish it were included with a $5K lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

this is absolutely cool. only if only it had decent lenses
    if they ever come up with a fully automatic contax 645, or rollei adapter, i will be first in line.
    Well there is the HB lens adapter available from Mamiya or third parties that allow you to use Hasseblad V series and 200 series glass on the front of the Mamiya 645AFD/II/III(PhaseOne 645AF) . They also announced adapters for Pentacon lenses as well.
    The Mamiya branded adapter is about $500 and there are some thrid party ones available for around $100. I have heard that some of the third party ones have trouble focusing infinity sometimes with certain lenses, but have not been able to confirm.
    We are waiting for the two adapters to come in and we will be doing a comparison.

Lance Schad
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

right. and you have to stop down manually. very cool technology

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Agree we need a fully coupled one to use other glass. I have a cheap one coming to try out with the Hassy 40mm but man does this bring back memories Canon with Zeiss and leica glass. I thought i got away from that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

mechanical coupling is not possible. so, the only hope is a series of dedicated adapters that remap electronic contacts for full compatibility with the body. in this case even AF can be preserved. i am sure you've heard of this genius from vancouver who adapts contax n lenses on eos platform who came up with a technology that preserves all auto functions except AF bracketing (like you ever need it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lance how much is the new body only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

right. and you have to stop down manually. very cool technology
    Actually in practice this isn't as bad as you'd think --- I use my 110F Planar on my Mamiya wide open most of the time anyway

And FWIW Irakly, I just finished comparing the Hassy 50F and 150F to the Mamiya equivalents on my ZD, and the Mamiya blew those two away at EVERY aperture. That was two copies of the 150 and one of the 50, so admitedly those could have been bad Hassy lenses, but I am doubtful that is the case. (Seriously, even my 55-110 zoom at 55 beat out the 50!) The 110 is better than my 80 wide open, but by f4 you have a hard time telling them apart resolution, color OR bokeh wise... The current generation of Mamiya AF glass is not your grandma's Mamiya...

(And I totally agree with you on the Fujiblad glass wide open... Needs a couple of stops down to come into it's own.)
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

oh, believe me, i had more than my fare share of stop-down metering. these are bells and whistles that are not for commercial work where there is no room for a ****-up.
    50F and 150F, you mean, shutterless v lenses? that's interesting... what do you mean by "blew away"? it is not sharpness that i am concerned about

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

oh, believe me, i had more than my fare share of stop-down metering. these are bells and whistles that are not for commercial work where there is no room for a ****-up.
    50F and 150F, you mean, shutterless v lenses? that's interesting... what do you mean by "blew away"? it is not sharpness that i am concerned about
    Yes, I mean the shutterless Hasselblad F (German Zeiss) lenses for the 2000/200 series Hassy bodies; to clarify these were F versions and NOT FE versions.

By blew away, I mean firstly the Hassy glass were NOTABLY softer in resolution than the comparable Mamiya glass. So soft wide open they had no point of focus -- but on the upside they did have great bokeh everywhere in the image The 150's were usably sharp by about f4.5, but never, ever got "crisp," though you could make okay images from f5.6 up. The 50 didn't even get usably sharp until f8(!) By contrast, my 110 F is crisp wide open at f2 AND has great bokeh; it's in a totally different league than the 50 and 150.

Cheers,
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Can we use our ZD backs on this new body from Phase One or do we have to buy a Mamiya AFD-III .

Post Thanks / Like

Jack re: the Hasselblad 50mm you tested: was it the 2.8, older F4 or the new F4 FLE? The FLE's MTF looks hellishly good.

If only the new Mamiya glass didn't use an electronically controlled aperture (for use on 1Ds2).

Post Thanks / Like

RE: some posts on page 1:

Hoods for the 110mm can be acquired used for $50. It also fits the 150, 180 and 250 IIRC. Given the the fact they are ABS plastic, that's even a stretch price-wise. They also don't have that secure 'under-tension' bayonet attachment that Zeiss ZF units do. Ther is some spring steel in the bayonet mount, buy it has very little tension.

The 110/2 F is a sweet lens (even just on my 1Ds2), but the hood was without question a design afterthought.
    Last edited by robmac; 16th April 2008 at 09:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

mechanical coupling is not possible. so, the only hope is a series of dedicated adapters that remap electronic contacts for full compatibility with the body. in this case even AF can be preserved. i am sure you've heard of this genius from vancouver who adapts contax n lenses on eos platform who came up with a technology that preserves all auto functions except AF bracketing (like you ever need it).
    The genius from Vancouver goes by the name Conurus and you can find postings from him on the Fred Miranda forum at the alternative image thread on the alternative image forum. I'll try to get more precise information to contact him but those who have bought the converted Contax 24-85N seem to be very happy

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Rollei-mount 110mm is a beast with its leaf shutter causing [filter] diameter to be 95mm, unlike Hasselblad's shutterless version at Bayonet 70. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post

Hoods for the 110mm can be acquired used for $50. It also fits the 150, 180 and 250 IIRC. Given the the fact they are ABS plastic, that's even a stretch price-wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack re: the Hasselblad 50mm you tested: was it the 2.8, older F4 or the new F4 FLE? The FLE's MTF looks hellishly good.
    Again, these were the Hassy F lenses, NO SHUTTERS IN THE F SERIES! The CF, CFi, are different, having shutters in them. The 50 F is an f2.8 lens and the 150 F is an f3.5 lens.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Beware of the blur circle on the FLE. (Don't know if all lenses behave the same)
    It reared its head on a friend's trip to Ireland.

Read beginning of 2nd page:
    http://www.hasselbladusa.com/media/6056/cfi50.pdf

...basically means that the wider your aperture and the closer you are to infinity,
    the bigger the circle will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack & BJNY

Aaargh. Quite right to you both. Should have read the prior posts more carefully to realize that:

a) Jack was discussing the F series not a C series operated in 'F' or locked-open shutter mode.

b) BJNY & Sinar (the latter should have been a give away but...) were discussing the Rollei 110 not the Hassy/Zeiss 110 - different lens, different hood naturally.

I'll blame it on my trying to kick the cigar habit. It's not going so well....;>

BJNY - thanks for the link. Am considering the 50 FLE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jack, were you looking at digital files, or prints? I have never shot with old 50F, but I still have the 150F from my 2000fcm days and remember it well. this lens behaves somewhat like old 35mm summicron: it is not critically sharp, but its microcontrast is so high that images are very well defined and LOOK sharp. I actually like it much better than inhuman edge sharpness of aspheric lenses. To tell you the truth, I have not shot digital with it. You got me curious. I'll take some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Yes, I mean the shutterless Hasselblad F (German Zeiss) lenses for the 2000/200 series Hassy bodies; to clarify these were F versions and NOT FE versions.

By blew away, I mean firstly the Hassy glass were NOTABLY softer in resolution than the comparable Mamiya glass. So soft wide open they had no point of focus -- but on the upside they did have great bokeh everywhere in the image The 150's were usably sharp by about f4.5, but never, ever got "crisp," though you could make okay images from f5.6 up. The 50 didn't even get usably sharp until f8(!) By contrast, my 110 F is crisp wide open at f2 AND has great bokeh; it's in a totally different league than the 50 and 150.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Digital files, after optimal raw processing, compared side-by-side in CS3... Seriously, they looked so bad at 100% I would never ever bother to print them. They were ugly bad. Think vaseline on the front element bad. (Okay, not quite that bad ) They might be fine of film, but those babies are just plain ugly for digital. Plus the 150's had notable CA. By contrast, the 110 looks stellar on the digital file...
    Jack

thsinar

the "Zeiss Planar 2/110 HFT PQ" with Rolleiflex mount: I guess that it is the very same lens/optical design.

Thierry

b) ... Sinar (the latter should have been a give away but...) were discussing the Rollei 110 not the Hassy/Zeiss 110 - different lens, different hood naturally.

Post Thanks / Like

Thierry - that it is, that it is. However, I'm not certain that the HFT & T* coatings are IDENTICAL -for whatever that's worth in real life.

Should add that the H/Z 110/2 F on my 1Ds2 draws a gorgeous pic. Is across much, much sharper wide open than the MTFs would have you believe. The selective focus ability is damn near perfect - just enough focus throw or pitch to let you cherry pick the plane of focus but not so much that you're twisting the bloody lens all day going from MFD to infinity. Images also tend to really 'pop' into focus in the viewfinder. Great color, smooth bokeh.

However, much like the Zeiss 100 ZF it does tend to produce CA in some backlit out-of-focus high contrast areas. Am looking for a decent way to play with it, but I also tend to prefer B&W so it's real world relevance to me is minor. On a CCD MFDB sans AA filter this sucker would really sing. Reminds me, need to buy that lottery ticket... ;>
    Last edited by robmac; 16th April 2008 at 22:03.

thsinar

Alright, Robmac, thanks for the details!

I have no practical experience yet with this lens, only visual. I will let you know my findings as soon as I will be able to use it.
    The coating may effectively be different.

I will get as well the Zeiss Sonar 5.6/250 HFT PQS: any experience with this to share?

Thanks and best regards,
    Thierry

Thierry - that it is, that it is. However, I'm not certain that the HFT & T* coatings are IDENTICAL -for whatever that's worth in real life.

Should add that the H/Z 110/2 F on my 1Ds2 draws a gorgeous pic. Is across much, much sharper wide open than the MTFs would have you believe. The selective focus ability is damn near perfect - just enough focus throw or pitch to let you cherry pick the plane of focus but not so much that you're twisting the bloody lens all day going from MFD to infinity. Images also tend to really 'pop' into focus in the viewfinder. Great color, smooth bokeh.

However, much like the Zeiss 100 ZF it does tend to produce CA in some backlit out-of-focus high contrast areas. Am looking for a decent way to play with it, but I also tend to prefer B&W so it's real world relevance to me is minor. On a CCD MFDB sans AA filter this sucker would really sing. Reminds me, need to buy that lottery ticket... ;>

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    The genius from Vancouver goes by the name Conurus and you can find postings from him on the Fred Miranda forum at the alternative image thread on the alternative image forum. I'll try to get more precise information to contact him but those who have bought the converted Contax 24-85N seem to be very happy

Woody
    I'm one of them ...

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hoods for the 110mm can be acquired used for $50. It also fits the 150, 180 and 250 IIRC. Given the the fact they are ABS plastic, that's even a stretch price-wise. They also don't have that secure 'under-tension' bayonet attachment that Zeiss ZF units do. Ther is some spring steel in the bayonet mount, buy it has very little tension.

The 110/2 F is a sweet lens (even just on my 1Ds2), but the hood was without question a design afterthought.
    Rob, I agree ... sweet. I use a FE copy on the Canon and DMR, as well as the 203FE. I wonder if they altered the shade mount on later versions ... my shade snaps into position and is pretty secure.

But to tell the truth, a Hassey pro-shade or more convenient LEE bellows shade really works nicely on those lenses.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for posting this Lance.

This is the only real contender to a Sinar back for my 203FE in my quest to round out my MF kit.

I'm not interested in a Hy6, which appears to be quite an excellent system, because it's Leaf Shutter based and redundant to the H3D-II I already have.

I want a Focal Plane system that's backed both by strong dealer support and swift service response ... which from experience, Mamiya has had in past. The question I have is that if one secures a PhaseOne camera, how will the service be handled?

I'll be most interested in how much the AF speed/sensitivity was improved, and especially how the AF Array is arranged ... meaning how far apart they are from center in the viewfinder, and are they all cross type sensors? If reasonably spread out, this is a real innovation in MF AF performance IMO.

As far as lenses are concerned, I already know the ins-and-outs of mounting Zeiss V optics on a Mamiya body ... having just sold an AFD-II. With a more sensitive AF array, focus confirmation should also improve ... or at least one would hope. On the subject of F and FE glass, I tend to agree with Jack, I rarely needed to stop down meter since the point of using the FE glass was the maximum apertures or close to it anyway. If on a tripod and stopping down, it's a moot point.

I would also be VERY interested to see results from the new 80/2.8 ... and while we are on the subject, results from Mamiya's new digital offerings like the new 28mm and the new Zoom. I held the new 28 and Zoom and must say the build quality was every bit as good as any MF lens I've ever seen from anywhere ... kudos to Mamiya.

I admit to not being all that crazy about my Mamiya AFD-II ... but in reality, it's just a box (with improvements that opinion could alter) ... it's what hangs off the front and the back that really counts. Phase P+ is a proven part of that equasion ... how the AFD lenses perform will have a great bearing on future considerations.

Best of luck, and keep us up to date on any new information - Marc Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Theirry - no experience at all with the 250/5.6. A great guy to inquire to about the lens would likely be Pham Min Son. A recent thread over at FM discussing MF glass on DSLRs did get some great input from Son on which lenses he considered the best in terms of IQ, resistance to CA, etc and bokeh. In the telephoto category they were:

1. Hasselblad Superachromat 2.8/300 Power Pack
    2. Hasselblad Superachromat 5.6/350
    3. Contax 645 Sonnar T* 4.0/210 with tele-converter
    4. Mamiya Apo 2.8/300
    5. Hasselblad FE 4.0/350
    6. Hasselblad Sonar T* 4.0/180

Some expanded comments from him in a later post:

1. Hasselblad Superachromat 2.8/300 Power Pack (close up and infinity lens)
    2. Hasselblad Superachromat 5.6/350 (Infinity lens)
    3. Rollei Apo Tele-Xenar HFT 4.0/300 (infinity focus lens)
    3. Contax 645 Sonnar T* 4.0/210 with tele-converter (extreme close up lens)
    4. Mamiya Apo 2.8/300 (Infinity lens)
    5. Hasselblad FE 4.0/350 (Close up lens)
    6. Hasselblad Sonar T* 4.0/180 (Infinity lens)

Cheers

R

thsinar

Thanks Rob, appreciated!

I will certainly read this thread.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Theirry - no experience at all with the 250/5.6. A great guy to inquire to about the lens would likely be Pham Min Son. A recent thread over at FM discussing MF glass on DSLRs did get some great input from Son on which lenses he considered the best in terms of IQ, resistance to CA, etc and bokeh. In the telephoto category they were:

1. Hasselblad Superachromat 2.8/300 Power Pack
    2. Hasselblad Superachromat 5.6/350
    3. Contax 645 Sonnar T* 4.0/210 with tele-converter
    4. Mamiya Apo 2.8/300
    5. Hasselblad FE 4.0/350
    6. Hasselblad Sonar T* 4.0/180

Some expanded comments from him in a later post:

1. Hasselblad Superachromat 2.8/300 Power Pack (close up and infinity lens)
    2. Hasselblad Superachromat 5.6/350 (Infinity lens)
    3. Rollei Apo Tele-Xenar HFT 4.0/300 (infinity focus lens)
    3. Contax 645 Sonnar T* 4.0/210 with tele-converter (extreme close up lens)
    4. Mamiya Apo 2.8/300 (Infinity lens)
    5. Hasselblad FE 4.0/350 (Close up lens)
    6. Hasselblad Sonar T* 4.0/180 (Infinity lens)

Cheers

R

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Lance how much is the new body only.
    Guy
    The price for the PhaseOne 645AFD system with new 80mm digital lens is listing for $4990 one year warranty and 100,000 shutter actuations - $7990 three year warranty and 300,000 shutter actuations .
    L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Thank you for posting this Lance.

I want a Focal Plane system that's backed both by strong dealer support and swift service response ... which from experience, Mamiya has had in past. The question I have is that if one secures a PhaseOne camera, how will the service be handled?
    Service will be handled through your PhaseOne dealer the way you normally execute your digital back warranty. We then will send them here in the states to MAC Group for repair.
    So it should be seamless to the end-users and they will have one point of contact for the service of their PhaseOne system.
    Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.
    L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lance_schad View Post
    Guy
    The price for the PhaseOne 645AFD system with new 80mm digital lens is listing for $4990 one year warranty and 100,000 shutter actuations - $7990 three year warranty and 300,000 shutter actuations .
    L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]
    Can I use my ZD back on this or is it set up for Phase only. Confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes your ZD back with work on it. The following is from the Phase One press release:
    "The camera platform answers the calls of professional photographers
    for a modular system that offers unprecedented feature combinations,
    and most significantly the freedom to choose individual components
    from an open platform to best serve their working needs.
    Designed to accept all quality dig ital camera backs, the camera
    platform is also open for traditional film operation"
    http://www.phaseone.com/upload/19_ma...amera_news.pdf

L
    Lance Schad
    Capture Integration
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

lance, is phase one planning on making electronic adapters for rollei/c645/hassy lenses?