The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting tethered with Phase One question

R

rastas

If I'm shooting tethered with a phase back on a Mamiya 645 afd, can I fire the camera from the shutter AND adjust aperture and F stop from the camera? Or just fire the camera? I'm using capture one pro software.

Dont have firewire cable now, so can't do test.

thomas

If I'm shooting tethered with a phase back on a Mamiya 645 afd, can I fire the camera from the shutter AND adjust aperture and F stop from the camera? Or just fire the camera?.
You can shoot as usual with the camera - so you can controle everything on the camera and the only difference is that the files go into the computer instead of the CF card.

R

rastas

Thanks for answers. I WANT to be able to control the camera at the computer though. I'm doing something where it is critical that I have no camera movemnet whatsoever over the course of 4-7 images.

KETCH ROSSI

Thanks for answers. I WANT to be able to control the camera at the computer though. I'm doing something where it is critical that I have no camera movemnet whatsoever over the course of 4-7 images.
If you are shooting for HDR compositions, you should not worry too much about very minimum changes in the image composition, if you are changing things manually.

Most likely you have other reasons for this, but a sturdy Tripod, and well anchored camera should avoid any minimal movement as you make camera setting changes on camera, as far as you don't trigger the shutter touching the camera.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not currently in Version 4.8.3
Guy, I think he was asking if he could shoot normally *from the camera* while tethered and make all adjustments on the camera, not if he could make the camera adjustments from the computer :)D)

Dale Allyn

Actually, Jack, I think you may have that turned around. I expect rastas will clarify, but it sounds like he wants to set up and step away from the camera entirely. Then do the shooting from the computer to avoid any possibility of camera movement by standing near it, ground vibrations, etc. This is sometimes sought in photomicroscopy, but multiple images aren't so common there (except with time-lapse stuff, etc). :)

Steve Hendrix

If you're using a P40+ or P65+ and an AFDIII, then yes, you have control of the aperture/shutter from Capture One's interface.

P+ backs prior to P40+/P65+ won't have this capability.

Steve Hendrix

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well hell no one told me that one Steve. One more reason to get a P40. Obviously any excuse is good enough for me. LOL

RGoldman

Anyone having trouble shooting tethered with a P30+/AFDII with C15? It works fine with my 5DMKII but I can not get the Mamiya to work porperly. C1 is recognizing the back but when I connect it, I get an error message: Detail:\\.\P1CAM_00
Not sure what that means.
I also see under the error window: Failed to allocate resources. - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

Anyone having this issue?

Thanks,

Ron