The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss Rm3d w/electronic rangefinder

etrigan63

Saw this at PhotoPlus. Looks like they salvaged it from a Polaroid SX-70. Works well as long as the subject doesn't move. The unit tells you what value to dial into the huge focus ring on the Arca. You tell the unit what lens is mounted and it adjusts automatically.

S

smei_ch

To me the whole package looks like the solution to a problem no one had. Lucky us that there are more useable alternatives.

Christopher

Well the camera is quite nice, but the electronic rangefinder /distance thing, is by far the dumbest thing I have seen. What use has it ? Landscape ? On what does it actually focus on the tree right there or is it the rock on the left? Oh **** it measured the bush on the far right.....

Dale Allyn

There was some discussion of it in this L.L. review and the included video on the page.

I didn't get the urge to run out a buy one of the range-finder devices. It really looked like a kludge to me. Maybe it's great, but there are some good laser range-finders now that would make more sense for some users.

etrigan63

TBH, the Arca Swiss camera sales network is pretty vaporous here in the States. I imagine that it would be slightly more accessible in Europe. It doesn't help that their web presence is being handled by a Luddite.