The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Have Phase One stop to fit H to mamiya Mounts?

A

apneaimages

I have a Phase one P30 H mount and asked A resealer in Sweden if its posible
to have a Mimiya mount and they told me they dont do this anymore to "old" backs, just the + Versions.

is it true`? maybe i need to do this in the USA ...

Steve Hendrix

I have a Phase one P30 H mount and asked A resealer in Sweden if its posible
to have a Mimiya mount and they told me they dont do this anymore to "old" backs, just the + Versions.

is it true`? maybe i need to do this in the USA ...

Lambis:

At least in the US, if a digital back is out of warranty you can still arrange a mount change, though it will cost $2,500.

Not sure of the policy in Sweden. You might ask the Swedish dealer if you can do the change and pay a fee.

Steve Hendrix

s.agar

I was shocked to see how expensive this conversion may be.
Shouldn't one check the meaning of "open system"s then?

A

apneaimages

Steve with VA Warranty is free but if you have not then, att least what a swedish dealer told me, is not possible anymore.

To replace the mount to a back and need to pay almost the same price as a new camera is a scandal in my eyes.

Even more that you with that lose a customer.

I like to use a RZ now for studio and later go to a new Phase one camera.

Eco Digital take ca 1500 USD for a adapter
There is a Leaf adapter to but i dont know what the price ais and where i find him
Then the HX701 digital plate for RZ as i see is just the uper part that dont fit to a Hasselblad H mount. maybe modify this part :)

Steve ! Do you do you arrange a mount change only for customers in the USA or can Euopean , as me, take part on this?

Steve Hendrix

Steve with VA Warranty is free but if you have not then, att least what a swedish dealer told me, is not possible anymore.

To replace the mount to a back and need to pay almost the same price as a new camera is a scandal in my eyes.

Even more that you with that lose a customer.

I like to use a RZ now for studio and later go to a new Phase one camera.

Eco Digital take ca 1500 USD for a adapter
There is a Leaf adapter to but i dont know what the price ais and where i find him
Then the HX701 digital plate for RZ as i see is just the uper part that dont fit to a Hasselblad H mount. maybe modify this part :)

Steve ! Do you do you arrange a mount change only for customers in the USA or can Euopean , as me, take part on this?

Lambis:

My understanding is that Phase One prefers services to be performed in the region the product was purchased in. I do know that I can order a mount swap for a P/P+ back in the US for my customers regardless of their warranty situation and it is $2,500. Not cheap, mind you, but much less than buying a new back. If this option is not offered in Sweden, you might contact Phase One directly and ask why (and confirm that it is not offered).

As far as adapters are concerned, the Mamiya adapter will work if it is an RZ ProIID. There is a Leaf adapter from H to RZ (Pro, ProII) and I have not confirmed it will work on backs previous to P40+/P65+ due to the wake-up situation as it would not provide any electronic connection. It seems I have known customers using this on P/P+ backs, but we have to get one in house to confirm ourselves.

Steve Hendrix