Site Sponsors

Thread: Phase one 80mm lens

Post Thanks / Like

Phase one 80mm lens

Is the phase one labeled 80mm lens the same as the new mamiya 80mm D lens? Do they produce the same results in terms of image sharpness at all f stops?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Phase one 80mm lens

I think you'll find they're very close if not identical, however there are going to be variations between individual copies, so the only real way to know if you get a good one is to test it. Also may be firmware differences between Phase and Mamiya versions and what these do is anybody's guess. I also noted in the latest build of C1, they list different lens correction profiles for some of the same Phase and Mamiya lenses, which is curious...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by felix5616 View Post
    Is the phase one labeled 80mm lens the same as the new mamiya 80mm D lens? Do they produce the same results in terms of image sharpness at all f stops?

Also, in the USA, the Phase One branded D lenses (not the LS lenses) have 3 years warranty standard, the Mamiya versions have 1 year warranty standard.

Steve Hendrix
    Steve Hendrix, Sales Manager, www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
    Digital Cam: Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Sinar Authorized Reseller
    TechCam: Alpa | Cambo | Arca Swiss | Sinar Authorized Reseller

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

On the LS 80mm, they have made the manual focusing ring less loose so you'll have a better feel of manual focus unlike the current Phaseone 80mm but those LS lenses are very pricey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As far as I know the difference is just in variation. The lenses are the same, but phase tests them before shipping. So I my guess is that the chance of getting a bad copy from phase is not as high as from Mam.