The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Learning the P45

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
BTW, why in the world did pro's pay the large amount of $ for these backs with such horrid LCDs?
Welcome to the world of high-resolution digital backs. It's a common complaint and there are a whole bunch of excuses for it, but bottom line is it what DB life is at present... :)deadhorse:)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
BTW, why in the world did pro's pay the large amount of $ for these backs with such horrid LCDs?
In all seriousness the answer to this question is that the quality of the final image is not effected by the quality of the LCD. Otherwise everyone would be shooting magazine covers with iPhones.

Would I gladly shoot a Phase back with an iPhone LCD? HECK YEAH! But you have to evaluate your purchase decisions based on what is available, and when it comes down to the final call a lot of photographers decide the other advantages outweigh the disadvantageous.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off

thomas

The MF market was bigger some years ago when DSLRs offered something like 12-14MP, low bit files and barely usable high ISO. So if you wanted to shoot high quality you had to live with the limitations.
Today that changed dramatically and even a good LCD for decent preview might affect the buying decession... at least it's one of the factors.

Is there a way to display only the image data and histogram?
at the same time? On the P non plus, no. On the P plus the histogram also shows ISO, aperture and shutter speed.

PoloDigital

In all seriousness the answer to this question is that the quality of the final image is not effected by the quality of the LCD. Otherwise everyone would be shooting magazine covers with iPhones.
Ahh yes... Hopefully the next back I purchase will have an upgraded display, but for the mean time, it's only use to me is for the histogram.

But you do bring up an interesting option... Tethered shooting with an iPhone monitoring the shared image disk folder with an auto generated preview cropped to 100% :ROTFL: Just kidding... I'll stick with the 15" MacBookPro for focus check and lighting confirmation.

thomas

default for the P45+ is "Flash" and I change that to the "Daylight" profile in my outdoor styles dialog, though the two profiles are very, very similar.
they are the same for the P45+.
But for the P45 (non plus) Flash, Daylight and Outdoor Daylight are different profiles.