The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 released

Graham Mitchell

Sinar eXposure 7.0.1 is now available for download. There is a dark GUI option which I think is new and looks good :)

www.sinar.ch

For some reason the simple window size bug which I reported when v6 was released is still not fixed. When you open eXposure for the first time, the application window is too large for a 1440x900 Macbook Pro screen. You must go to View -> Fullscreen and deselect Fullscreeen. Then do the same and reactivate it and the application window will now match your monitor. This is an easy workaround but must be done every time you start the app!

Last edited:

carstenw

The Adobe-like icon :) Some minor bugfixes and workflow enhancements, it sounds like.

Improvements with eXposure 7.0.1 (compared to 6.2)
a. Sinarback 54MC/M is now supported as well.
b. The reason for the kernel panics that happened on some models of the Apple Macintosh computers has been eliminated.
c. With Sinar CaptureShopTM 5.x produced .sti-files are correctly read and displayed now.
d. DNG-files produced on a Sinarback eSprit 65 can now also be read directly from the CF card.
e. Besides of the currently available profile for Flash- light, now also profiles for Tungsten- and Daylight are available when working with one of the Sinarbacks that are supported by Sinar eXposureTM (Sinarback eVolution 75 H, Sinarback eMotion 75/54 LV, Sinar- back eSprit 65 LV, and Sinarback 54 MC/M).
f. The asymmetrical swing/tilt axes of a Sinar p3/p2/p view camera are displayed in the Live image window.
g. In the Contact sheet, images captured in the 4-shot mode are marked accordingly.
h. When working with a Sinarback eVolution 75 H or a Sinarback 54 MC/M the USB-Lens Interface by Schneider Kreuznach can be controlled directly from the user interface of Sinar eXposureTM.
i. When browsing over an image with the "Pipette" tool, the RGB-values are displayed beneath the pipette icon.
j. There are several skins available for the GUI. k. Many small improvements have been implemented l. Various minor bugs have been fixed

David K

Workshop Member
Any news which indicates that Sinar continues to support it's digital backs is good news. Who knows, maybe we'll see a firmware update for the Hy6.

David K

Workshop Member
This is a bit OT but does anybody know if there's a less expensive battery for the Sinar e75LV. The ones from Sinar are nearly $200 each :(

carstenw

The Varta V290 is identical. The Sinar back even says to use this, I think. You can get non-Varta versions from €20, and real Vartas from €55 or so.

carstenw

Out of curiousity, what do used Hy6 cameras go for, Sinar or Rolleiflex? I am not looking to buy at this time, but I would love a 6x6 camera with the rotating adapter, as much as I love my Contax.

bdp

Just tried it on a Snow Leopard Macbook Pro and it seems to work fine. The two problems I saw with 6.2 and SL are gone. However I have had a crash on my Leopard Mac Pro tower with 7.0.1 when adjusting sharpening at 100% zoom, so it's not perfect and I have reported the issue to Sinar.

Paratom

From my first impression the new outdoor profile looks fine. I had one image were reds were blown out and oversaturated before and with this profile look much better.
Also when you do wide shading you can see now evfen better which shading-file belongs to which image. I like that.

it also looks there has been a firmware update for the backs in September.

bdp

Now that it is Snow Leopard compatible I could finally update my 8-core Nehalem Mac Pro tower to SL, and the result is nothing short of amazing. eXports are over 100% faster than with eXposure 6.2 and Leopard on the same machine, and hi-res redraws when zooming are virtually instantaneous. Now if only we could get Sinar to add a color editor....

bdp

From the readme file in the installer, these are the changes:

Version Log Sinar eXposure™

Improvements with eXposure 7.0.1 (compared to 6.2)

a. Sinarback 54MC/M is now supported as well.
b. The reason for the kernel panics that happened on
some models of the Apple Macintosh computers has
been eliminated.
c. With Sinar CaptureShop™ 5.x produced .sti-files are
correctly read and displayed now.
d. DNG-files produced on a Sinarback eSprit 65 can
now also be read directly from the CF card.
e. Besides of the currently available profile for Flashlight,
now also profiles for Tungsten- and Daylight are
available when working with one of the Sinarbacks
that are supported by Sinar eXposure™ (Sinarback
eVolution 75 H, Sinarback eMotion 75/54 LV, Sinarback
eSprit 65 LV, and Sinarback 54 MC/M).
f. The asymmetrical swing/tilt axes of a Sinar p3/p2/p
view camera are displayed in the Live image window.
g. In the Contact sheet, images captured in the 4-shot
mode are marked accordingly.
h. When working with a Sinarback eVolution 75 H or a
Sinarback 54 MC/M the USB-Lens Interface by
Schneider Kreuznach can be controlled directly from
the user interface of Sinar eXposure™.
i. When browsing over an image with the "Pipette" tool,
the RGB-values are displayed beneath the pipette icon.
j. There are several skins available for the GUI.
k. Many small improvements have been implemented
l. Various minor bugs have been fixed

David K

Workshop Member
Well, as long as we've got some Sinar users here I'd like to ask if any are having issues with the latest Hy6 camera firmware. I'm back to using the next to latest version and am a bit hesitant to update after having had some problems with the new one.

bdp

Sorry can't help you David - I'm on a Contax, as are most of the people in this thread *I think*. Graham uses a 6008 according to his sig.

Ben

David K

Workshop Member
Ben, I love the Contax platform. In fact, one of the main reasons I went with the Sinar back was the ability to switch back and forth from Contax and the Hy6 (also my Hassy 203 FE). In retrospect I've done a lot less switching than I thought I would but it did come in quite handy when I had to send my Hy6 in for repair due to the firmware glitch.

Paratom

Well, as long as we've got some Sinar users here I'd like to ask if any are having issues with the latest Hy6 camera firmware. I'm back to using the next to latest version and am a bit hesitant to update after having had some problems with the new one.
i needto check which firmware i have on my hy6