Site Sponsors

Thread: Hasselblad HC lens shutter life?

Post Thanks / Like

Hasselblad HC lens shutter life?

I'm looking at purchasing a used HC lens that has around 14K actuations on the clock. Is that considered high? I've done several searches and can't seem to come upon any data citing the life expectancy of the leaf shutter in these lenses. Does anyone have a reference? The Hasselblad website has very little data on the lenses.
    Scott Watters
    PoloDigital | Flickr | Pbase
    Nikon | Hensel | Apple

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad HC lens shutter life?

Quote Originally Posted by PoloDigital View Post
    I'm looking at purchasing a used HC lens that has around 14K actuations on the clock. Is that considered high? I've done several searches and can't seem to come upon any data citing the life expectancy of the leaf shutter in these lenses. Does anyone have a reference? The Hasselblad website has very little data on the lenses.
    That's pretty low shutter life is more like one or two hundred thousand. Shutter life will depend on shutter speeds used, a shutter firing at 1/800th all day long will certainly wear out faster than one firing at 1/125th.

HTH
    Nick-T

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hasselblad HC lens shutter life?

Thanks Nick. I was thinking that it would be higher than the average SLR style body shutter, but I was looking for another opinion. It's a great deal and I think I'm going to grab it quickly.
    Scott Watters
    PoloDigital | Flickr | Pbase
    Nikon | Hensel | Apple