The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY showing

carstenw

Bob, I never saw your initial mistake, but did you write Jim? I also often think it is Jim, for some unknown psychological reason, even though I should know better. Maybe it is because of all the other Jims, like Jim Radcliffe, Jim Flesher, Jim Mancuso and Jim Libby ;)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, I never saw your initial mistake, but did you write Jim? I also often think it is Jim, for some unknown psychological reason, even though I should know better. Maybe it is because of all the other Jims, like Jim Radcliffe, Jim Flesher, Jim Mancuso and Jim Libby ;)
Yes, I have a mind like a jellyfish when it comes to names, but Avagodro's constant is at the tip of my tongue LOL
-jim

jlm

Workshop Member
finished mounting about 20 prints on 1/8" aluminum, borderless. they will hang about 1" off the wall on hidden clips. size range from 23 sq to 23 x 32

any advice about coating the surface? paper is Ilford Galerie Gold Fiber Silk, a low luster.

john

stephengilbert

Coating the surface of the aluminum? I had some 1/8 inch aluminum powder coated recently, in flat black for a dashboard instrument panel that I didn't want to reflect sunlight. The finish is quite nice.

jlm

Workshop Member
just finished hanging the last of the 20 images and adjusting the lighting.

i didn't realize how much work this was!

opens tomorrow and i am excited.

i hope to see a few NY forum members there

john

KETCH ROSSI

Good luck, I should be in NY for a Film Job, if the dates match I will surely stop by, as it will be a pleasure meeting the work of a fellow DPI.

jlm

Workshop Member
a nugget of the young artiste, c. 1976, at my first Oregon Coast Workshop. I have the same tripod at least (maybe a newer version), but the Toyo is gone