The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Shakeup at the Top

mark1958

Christian Poulsen stepped down as CEO and Jack Schowalter was replaced as Hasselblad's USA President. I saw that Michael R reported this on his web site. I wonder what happened. I doubt it will have any immediate effect for us-- the customer.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Interesting to see how the company goes forward or not. What we don't need is another MF company starting to slide.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Don't worry Jack - there is no sliding involved! We will finish the year on a very nice result.
David,

while I believe this as short term result, based on the performance of the past year or so, I still wonder what this change means in general for the future.

Poulson was a very good CEO in my view. Does the owner (the owners) of Hasselblad have something else in mind with the company, which Poulson did not want to support?

Will there be some new products?

Will the system open up again?

Will there be some new strategic partners or even mergers?

These are the questions I would like to get answered immediately as a potential customer. I also would not buy a car from a manufacturer who will probably go out of business or who's future is totally uncertain in terms of strategy, new products and services. And we are talking here about price levels which are very well in the area of mid size luxury cars, so I feel my concerns at least not unimportant .....

Thanks for answering!

David,

while I believe this as short term result, based on the performance of the past year or so, I still wonder what this change means in general for the future.

Poulson was a very good CEO in my view. Does the owner (the owners) of Hasselblad have something else in mind with the company, which Poulson did not want to support?

Will there be some new products?

Will the system open up again?

Will there be some new strategic partners or even mergers?

These are the questions I would like to get answered immediately as a potential customer. I also would not buy a car from a manufacturer who will probably go out of business or who's future is totally uncertain in terms of strategy, new products and services. And we are talking here about price levels which are very well in the area of mid size luxury cars, so I feel my concerns at least not unimportant .....

Thanks for answering!
Well actually it is very difficult to answer your questions as I am not privy to those sorts of discussions.

You have to remember that Imacon (Christian's company) has gone through a lot of changes since conception so maybe he just fancies going back to the inventing shed again?

I honestly don't know. Anyway he is a popular guy in the company and will be missed. However, he has not left fully and still remains as a consultant.

Again, as for your questions...

Will there be some new products? Of course, as we always have done with regular updates. Latest being H4D.

Will the system open up again? I very much doubt that, this has never been a struggle within the company.

Will there be some new strategic partners or even mergers? Who's left? :D

Joking aside, I have no idea to the last question and it would not be revealed via me anyway!

Hope you understand.

David

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well actually it is very difficult to answer your questions as I am not privy to those sorts of discussions.

You have to remember that Imacon (Christian's company) has gone through a lot of changes since conception so maybe he just fancies going back to the inventing shed again?

I honestly don't know. Anyway he is a popular guy in the company and will be missed. However, he has not left fully and still remains as a consultant.

Again, as for your questions...

Will there be some new products? Of course, as we always have done with regular updates. Latest being H4D.

Will the system open up again? I very much doubt that, this has never been a struggle within the company.

Will there be some new strategic partners or even mergers? Who's left? :D

Joking aside, I have no idea to the last question and it would not be revealed via me anyway!

Hope you understand.

David
Thanks David!

I appreciate. If Hasselblad would only offer a way to process their RAWs in C1 Pro that would be the killing mind move for me and I would be immediately buying into their system.

But I know I am dreaming :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yes just remember Dave short really good looking Italian stud. Tall green giant looking from the can of string beans label You know Jolly Green Giant .:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I'm going to pay dearly for that one.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes just remember Dave short really good looking Italian stud. Tall green giant looking from the can of string beans label. You know Jolly Green Giant :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I'm going to pay dearly for that one.
You are the one that does not need the XL tripod

mark1958

I have no clue how good of a CEO he was so no opinion or comment on that. I like some of Hassys more recent releases and what his role in that was-- cannot say. I can say that some of his video clip comments were a bit harsh (critics of the competition). Other than that I suspect that only a few people know what really happened and the reasons for the decisions made.
Interesting though that it states he stepped down and the USA President was replaced. This if true as stated suggested that he was asked to step down.

carstenw

I don't know anything about Poulsen, except that the one comment he made recently was a bit of a timebomb, namely that the Leica S2 was the camera that was everything that anyone ever wanted, except where was the camera. Once the camera is released, he would have had to backpedal furiously out of that one. It just wasn't a clever thing to say. Other than that comment, Hasselblad seems very well run in general, so I can only imagine that he was good.