The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase P30+ Interiors

vieri

Think I got it now . Was a little pink also , toned it down on left chair. Funny you guys have picked my brain on almost every shot what I was thinking. Good eyes folks
Yeah Guy, this is definitely it - great job! :thumbup: oh and... about the mind picking, you know, great minds think alike LOL :ROTFL:

vieri

Actually this is a little more my style
Love this one :thumbs: pretty amazing control of the light/exposure and depth here. One thing about the lens, composition-wise is this the original file, I mean this is not cropped or straightened in PS, right? Reason I ask, I seem to have noticed a slight softness on the top right corner, and was wondering if this is the 28 mm or if it's some PS-created effect: the distort tool performs miracles, but the way it stretches the pixels and re-interpolates the empty spaces sometimes doesn't work great for detail-dense areas...

Chris' Quick Tips: When dropping an image on top of a TV, the blacks in the image would realistically never be darker than the screen itself. Set the image layer's mode to "Lighten" and you instantly get a more realistic effect.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is the 28mm and the P25 + and it is before the new corner sharpness came out in C1 which is a really great tool for the 28mm regardless of sensor size although much more needed for the P65 which truthfully consider it a 31mm for that sensor. i would just crop to that dimension to insure the best results. the 28mm is a brilliant lens but first you need to know how to use it , you are better off focus on the foreground , middle ground and let the back end fall into place. It's more front focus to the first third of depth than let the rest take care of itself. The corners will go soft on the P65 for sure so reason I said use it more like a 25 or 45 crop and use corner sharpness which I find about 170 setting very good. The P45+ the 28mm is very nice using these techniques on it and obviously the P40+ and P30+ size it is not much a issue but I still use corner sharpness. One thing about the 28mm the distortion is very well checked and when you do select it you will correct it but it is a pretty small correction

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Chris' Quick Tips: When dropping an image on top of a TV, the blacks in the image would realistically never be darker than the screen itself. Set the image layer's mode to "Lighten" and you instantly get a more realistic effect.
Thanks Chris I tried to lower the transparency a little but some ugly reflections where there. That sounds like a better technique

Uaiomex

I prefer to leave TV sets turned off. It usually takes a lot of tweaking to make them look real. Besides, nobody uses TV's like digital frames. So, despite a perfect blend with effects and such, they always look fake. It only works when they have a little blurring and text and things like in real TV but they are distracting to the shot, so I prefer to leave them off. Since they are usually black, mostly they go stealth.
Very nice pictures
Eduardo