The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New from Alpa

carstenw

I think a lot of people don't have the time or inclination to learn how to code for the web, and so a lot of webpages are generated by various programs. I tried using iWeb once but when I looked at the generated code, I shelved that idea.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Tag soup anyone?
As a W3C participant, web coding is always an emotional bordering on a religious issue.
Just for fun, I have posted a link[1] to the w3c web validator.
Have fun...

BTW, this page has 10 errors LOL
-bob

[1] http://validator.w3.org/

Don Libby

I think the majority of the images shown were from the review differences between the WDS and WRS I had posted here and on my blog. I also noticed we’re on the top half of the page of the Google search for Cambo WRS. I had been following this earlier this year and saw that depending on the day, we came in on top of Cambo and Calumet at times.

Oh – just to be clear by “we” I mean Ironcreek and GetDpi. I think Jack and Guy’s avatar show up as they had both posted comments to the thread – just goes to show how crazy Goggle handles it’s searches for images.

Don

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have posted a threa don this issue a while back - and called it the pinky poos.

On reflection may be (at times) a timing issue involved
Peter,

It would be interesting to examine the shutter speeds at which you see the problem...and to ascertain that the menu setting was synced to a shutter speed that matches the lens setting in the future. Is there any speed at which back sync does not work or consistently creates pink magenta colors? If the menu setting is too far away from the lens setting you can get a problem.

With regards to the wake-up cable I assume that it would be much less hassle to double tap....take two fairly close shots which is in effect what most of the wake-up cables do anyway. Kill any pink capture after the fact...

I am of the opinion that the wake-up cable is one of the most inelegant solutions to this problem possible...which is why the new P65+ looks appealing as one can avoid the extra cable.

Bob

Peter,

I am of the opinion that the wake-up cable is one of the most inelegant solutions to this problem possible...which is why the new P65+ looks appealing as one can avoid the extra cable.

Bob
I really liked how the P65+ let me drop the wakeup cable, however that comes at the expense of considerably greater battery consumption due to the lack of sleep mode. You do still have the option of choosing "normal latency" over "zero" and sticking with a wakeup cable if you think you'll be in the field all day without a charger at hand. Options, options, options...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Other issue with no wake-up on the P40/65+'s I've heard is noise build-up. If the back is live for more than a minute, it heats up, so the wake-up cable is still recommended for that as well as greater battery life...

Christopher

Well, I heard that two, but I did not know that 4 months ago, now if I look at the noise at the time where I never used a wakeup cable and left the bag on for 10 or 15 minutes and now look at images shot after the back was turned on 10-15 seconds, I honestly can't tell a difference. Perhaps I have to do some side to side comparing, but I yet to see some ACTUAL proof of that noise statement. It remembers me a little of the DSLR live view / noise claims. I haven't seen any real confirmation for them as well. Perhaps when I'm back home I can do some more tests.

PeterA

Peter,

It would be interesting to examine the shutter speeds at which you see the problem...and to ascertain that the menu setting was synced to a shutter speed that matches the lens setting in the future. Is there any speed at which back sync does not work or consistently creates pink magenta colors? If the menu setting is too far away from the lens setting you can get a problem.

With regards to the wake-up cable I assume that it would be much less hassle to double tap....take two fairly close shots which is in effect what most of the wake-up cables do anyway. Kill any pink capture after the fact...

Bob
Bob - thanks for that thought - I was out doing some street shooting/Saturday morning coffee bacon and eggs - this morning with the Alpa ( I use the Imagebank11 as power source ) - and noticed @ f8-11 with the 35digitar I was pretty much stuck on 1/8th - 1/30th - I will check out the back sync settings and report back - as I am going out for some more shooting - just as soon as I can recharge a battery -:)

Thanks for that info Jack - as you know I am seriously considering a P65+ at the moment - the Phamiya mount on the arTec was what I was waiting for - but will also consider the Hartblei as more information comes out - overall ergonomics and simplicty of use is a major factor for me in this consideration..

battery consumption - I never get more than 50- 100 shots out of a single battery with any system

Did I mention i just love shooting with the Alpa ?

Pete

Christopher

Well I am currently shooting with a pre-production model of a tech camera, which is very nice, but sometimes I would prefer something even smaller. So probably once I'm back in Germany I will try to get all Systems together at the same time. (We will see if that can ever happen^^) I'm mainly thinking about my current camera, Alpa max, Acra, Sinar, Cambo. I would really love to try them all again before making a final decision.